What to do in Jamaica? Specifically Falmouth, possibly Montego Bay? (Royal Caribbean)

Pichu21

We did the Chukka Beach Break and had a great time. Sandy beach as far out in the water as we could go which made it great for our young grandchildren. They had a little sand castle contest for little kids. But the trinket shacks that are next door not part of Chukka Beach do have the "little baggies" that just happen to fall out of their shirts if they think you might be interested. This happened to my 18 year old son. The food was delicious and the restrooms were clean. :)

We are stopping in Falmouth in a couple weeks and we have booked through Jamaica for a day an all inclusive stay at Hilton Rose Hall resort. Seems like a great place to spend the day. We will post a review when we return.

We are in Cookeville, TN aka Cookvegas! Ha!

We booked through jamaica for a day dot com and the price was:

Adult Pass+Transfer Package: $90

Child Pass+Transfer Package: $70

I understand you can do it cheaper with doing the transfers on your own, but I didnt want the hassle of "negotiating" when we got to the pier.

We leave in less than 2 weeks, so I will let you know how it goes. I plan to post a review.

Greg

We are in Cookeville, TN aka Cookvegas! Ha!

We booked through jamaica for a day dot com and the price was:

Adult Pass+Transfer Package: $90

Child Pass+Transfer Package: $70

I understand you can do it cheaper with doing the transfers on your own, but I didnt want the hassle of "negotiating" when we got to the pier.

We leave in less than 2 weeks, so I will let you know how it goes. I plan to post a review.

Greg

I just reserved this package. The $15 transfer takes you to and from the resort which is a bargain for the 30 minute trip! We got the transfers also. This resort looks amazing. Thank you for the suggestion.

Cindy:)

Just wondering if you could tell me why this particular rafting excursion has a max weight of 180 and the others is 300. Was there something particularly different about this one? Thanks.

Hello, my name is Elerie. We checked and that listed weight is a mistake. The correct weight limit is 260 pounds. By the way, I am from Knoxville. Cookeville is a nice little middle Tennessee town. Had many friends at Tennessee Tech while I was at UT many years ago. :)

This place is AMAZING !!!!!! We used "Jamaica for a Day" to book the tour and it was $90/person, including the taxi/transfer, unlimited alcohol/drinks and food. Trish was our server for the day and she was outstanding. The grounds were amazing. Beautiful beach, pools and water slide. Not a good spot to snorkel, but a great place to relax on the beach or go for a swim. The resort will supply towels as well.

What are some things to do in/near Falmouth? We are on the Freedom of the Seas in April 2012. Is Falmouth dangerous? I've heard from some people that we should just stay on the ship. Is it worth it? We're willing to go to Montego Bay, but only if it's through an excursion with RCI, in case anything happens. Ocho Rios is way to far, I checked the map. First time going to Jamaica! Help!

Yeah, my wife & I just got off Freedom of the Seas last Sunday...and we had a port in Falmouth last Wednesday. I was not impressed and this was my least favorite stop. We pulled into port and, granted, I didn't know what to expect. This was our first cruise. The day before we were in Labadee and loved it there. We didn't pre-book any excursions for Jamaica, and were just wanting to walk around the city and see some historical sights. The port was very nice...the part that Royal Caribbean had built up, and is still under some construction... But once you leave that area and into the city, you are instantly mobbed by taxi drivers, shop keepers, venders, etc. They wouldn't take "no" for an answer and hounded us, followed us, etc. Once we would lose one driver/shop keeper/vender, another one would attach themselves to us insisting we needed to buy/hire them. We walked around a block or two with one driver that insisted on following us, no matter how much we told him we didn't want to take his taxi and that we were just wanting to explore the city on our own. We insisted he go back and try to get someone who would want his services, but he refused and continued to harass us. We made it back to the port...feeling bummed. I really wanted to get out and see the sights - the historical church, the court house, etc. So we found a kiosk in port that ran a historical trolley tour of Falmouth...which was like $15/person...and 30 minutes long. It was a bit depressing seeing the city though...you can see how poor it is... That experience maybe for some people...but not for me... Falmouth has a long way to go... We did not experience any other of this kind of mobbing at the other ports. Most venders we ran into elsewhere asked if we wanted to hire them/buy from them...we would reply "no" and that was that.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.049339,-94.582706

We will be in Falmouth in Nov- does anyone know if any bars/restaurants are already open at the pier complex? I think we'll try to hop off for a quick drink and hopefully some reggae music on the pier.

It was very festive at the port/pier...not a lot in terms of restaurants/bars. We just were there last Wednesday. I wanted to try some real Jamaican jerk chicken...but after our experience walking around the town, we turned back and grabbed a bit to eat on the pier... There is a jerk chicken booth and a Red Stripe van parked on the pier... The rest of the shops were duty free, jewelers, and knic-knack booths.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.049031,-94.582680

Archived