xpress passes, luggage labels - when available?

zennor

Hi,

we are sailing 24th Sep & flying 23rd. I have completed online check-in but xpress passes, luggage labels etc. are not yet available. When would this normally happen? With our Celebrity cruise earlier this year, we were emailed 2 months before departure with everything. For that cruise we booked direct with Celebrity but this one is via a TA. Does that make a difference?

Hi,

we are sailing 24th Sep & flying 23rd. I have completed online check-in but xpress passes, luggage labels etc. are not yet available. When would this normally happen? With our Celebrity cruise earlier this year, we were emailed 2 months before departure with everything. For that cruise we booked direct with Celebrity but this one is via a TA. Does that make a difference?

We are on same cruise as you. I checked yesterday on "My Azamara" and the link to apply for the labels was there, so it should be for you as well. We booked via a TA.

Thanks for the replies.

Where was the luggage labels option? I have completed Online CheckIn but under Xpress Pass I get 'Not Available'.

I've now spoken to my TA who assures me that the booking is OK but she isn't sure why some people can request labels & not others. Are your Express Passes available yet?

Reading through the posts, various people have said that 'Luggage Labels' are available when the balance is paid which we did a while ago. I am now worried :( & tried to call Azamara UK which is impossible - all you get is a load of options, then hold for a person & then the options are repeated. I thought I read that someone had posted a number that worked better but I can't find it here. Please can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Trying to contact Azamara UK is dire.

Hi Zennor

In "My Reservations", go to "On-Line Check-In". Right at the bottom of the page there is a tab for "Request Luggage Tags". Mine appeared yesterday. And if you go to "View Details" on the same page, there should be your e-docs.

Hope that helps and you get it resolved.

Have spoken again to TA who managed to finally get hold of Azamara (took them ages as well). They just say that they're not ready yet & I'll be emailed when they are so I just have to assume that all is OK.

We don't yet have the e-docs etc. available.

Hmmm....we're on the same B2B as Sharon15, completed the online check in and paid in full months ago, and the link for luggage tags is NOT on either reservation.

Still have some time, but it's the little things that help add to the excitement, and I'd love to though those tags!

Hmmm....we're on the same B2B as Sharon15, completed the online check in and paid in full months ago, and the link for luggage tags is NOT on either reservation.

Still have some time, but it's the little things that help add to the excitement, and I'd love to though those tags!

I was really surprised to get our luggage tags yesterday! Not sure what we did to get them but it was a pleasant surprise! I have completed our online check in and printed our Xpress Passes. Since we're leaving home several weeks prior to the cruise, I really thought I'd have to get them upon check in--which I read is possible. Never got them this early before!! And yes, it does add to the excitement!:)

As an update to this I have now got somewhere but I do want to give feedback (to Bill) that contacting Azamara UK is not easy & it took several attempts to phone & 2 emails to get a helpful reply. First my TA tried to contact them & was given some vague response that didn't reassure me. I emailed Azamara UK & the first response was:

"As you have booked through an agent there can be a delay in receiving your documents as they will be sent to them first. Please contact your agent and they will be able to advise you further. "

which wasn't correct so I emailed again & then got an appropriate response:

"We are still awaiting payment from your agent until documents can be released. I can see this has just been processed, so hopefully you should receive your documents soon. Please contact us if you have still not received your documents within 2 weeks of your sailing. "

which was much more helpful & what I suspected regarding payment. Why couldn't we have been told this the first time?

My Xpress Pass was available yesterday & luggage labels & Edocs today.

Basically, my overall experience of Azamara customer service has been pretty negative as my previous experience was regarding the fiasco over the 50% discount off Excursions.

Although I love Azamara Cruises, they are a little slow in the "business" end of things - I sailed on Yaughts of Seabourn 2 years ago, and they couried my luggage tags with leather tag holders, in a beautilful suede box (I use for my TV remotes). With a booklet of the itinerary and a welcome aboard letter - really added to the excitement!! This came 1 month before the trip.

I did get my Azamara luggage tags 1 week before my trip via regular mail.

I will not be home at that time this trip - already on the way 2 weeks prior, and with a Jan 4 trip and xmas mail delays, I will not expect them. Have to get them on the dock. But, If they are on your luggage before the trip, and luggage gets lost, I think we have a better chance of it finding us if it is labled at home with the destination tags.

Think Azamara need to rethink the process, and get them to us earlier, I am sure it would not cost them any more, but customer satisfaction would improve greatly!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

as you can see from my post above ours were available on Aug 16th for cruise departing Sep 24th - about 5 1/2 weeks in advance - I think it depends when Azamara receive the full balance from your TA. Even though we had paid the TA, I think that Azamara had not yet taken & processed the payment until that date.

You do need to ensure that you have checked-in online.

I sailed on Yaughts of Seabourn 2 years ago, and they couried my luggage tags with leather tag holders, in a beautilful suede box (I use for my TV remotes). With a booklet of the itinerary and a welcome aboard letter - really added to the excitement!! This came 1 month before the trip.

I've sailed on Silversea a few times, and their documents also arrive in an elegant box and are beautifully presented. This being said, I don't expect the same standard from Azamara. Silversea and Seabourn are totally inclusive luxury lines, and they cost substantially more to sail on than Azamara. Azamara is "ultra-premium" and not in the same category as the luxury lines. Azamara with their existing ships could not compete in the luxury category. The standard cabins and bathrooms are too small.

Regarding the luggage tags, I sail a month from tomorrow and do not have a link for them. My Xpress pass is ready though. I think part of the reasoning for this may be how your travel agent is set up to receive Azamara documents. If they are set up to receive edocs, then I think when the edocs are ready for your travel agent, the link to order luggage tags may appear. My understanding is that paper docs are still an option at Azamara (at least in the US), and this is the option my travel agent selected, and I should be receiving paper docs soon which will include my luggage tags. I have to assume this is the reason I don't have a link to order luggage tags.

Ernie

How soon would we get luggage tags for an Oct. 26 cruise?? There is no tab for "Request Luggage Tags" with on-line check-in under My Reservations.

Thanks!!!

Hi Onthebalcony,

As you have made final payment, and completed online check in, it should be available soon. In case it isn't, I recommend calling Azamara or your Travel Agent, and they can arrange to have the luggage tags sent to you. Be sure to make the request no later than 14 days before your sailing, as that's the cut-off.

Enjoy your Cruise !

• 1 month later...

Recently, I noticed that our reservation also didn't have the sought after "request luggage tags" option. I also saw that only 1 of us had "e-docs" available. I emailed Azamara, and they fixed things the next day. Once the other e-docs appeared, the luggage tag request option also showed up.

Hopefully this will help others.

After requesting the tags, they showed up several days later in the mail. I did have to laugh that in large letters the tags identify our accommodations as club continent "sutie" instead of "suite."

Looking forward to our first Azamara cruise in a little over a month!

Doug

Archived