Marina Penthouse Butler Service Differentiation Factors

homeatlast

When we were on Insignia 2 years ago in PH 2, our butler told us in a casual conversation that he was responsible for x number of cabins, I can't remember the specific number. We are planning an eastern Med cruise on Marina next year, and looking at the price differences between PH1 PH2 and PH3. They are all the same size; locations are different. Our agent suggests that it is mainly location that accounts for the price difference but that also the butlers in higher categories may be better in terms of training, experience, and performance evaluations. Does anyone have any insight or guesses, please? Is it all about location or is there a little more to it?

I also wondered if the butlers in PH1 for example had fewer assigned cabins than PH2, and likewise for PH3.

I certainly cannot answer your question absolutely. Or even relatively.

We've been in PH1s, PH2s and PH3s -- we are usually in a PH. (Not on Marina, not yet, I'm talking about the "R" ships.)

I never noticed a differentiation in ability depending on the cabin category.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the butlers serving the top suites are superior to those serving lower down suites, but I never heard any mention of location on the deck being a factor. The price difference between PH1-2-3 isn't that great.

The price difference between a PH1 and an OS is pretty significant!

Then again, we tend not to use the butlers too much ... the one exception was when I blew out my knee and could barely walk. On that cruise, we used our butler all the time. Fortunately, we were in an OS for the one and only time on that cruise.

Mura

Kind of hijacking this post, so apologize in advance.

We're booked into an OS next year on the Marina and wondering if anyone knows if there's a dedicated butler for the 3 OSs, or if there is one between OS and VS categories, or something totally different. Just wondering on the butler to suite ratio.

Kind of hijacking this post, so apologize in advance.

We're booked into an OS next year on the Marina and wondering if anyone knows if there's a dedicated butler for the 3 OSs, or if there is one between OS and VS categories, or something totally different. Just wondering on the butler to suite ratio.

Well, to tie the two slightly separate questions together again - our Marina PH3 butler (on deck 7 - surely the best location of all the PH's!) also had responsibility for at least one OS. In fact, I am pretty sure he told us he looked after all of them! He did not intimate that there was any scale of betterment between any of them - although he certainly wasn't lacking in confidence in his own abilities! Nice chap - all are Indians.

Archived