POA Pub Crawl

jordans mom

It was the first night of our cruise, I think it was $20 for five bars and drinks but not sure it might have been $25 but it's deal either way!

We started in the western bar with beer so I thought we would have beer everywhere, but each place after that was those sweet drinks that they wanted you to gulp down!

Some were too sweet for me to drink the entire drink but I still had a great time!

The entertainment crew was great! It was really alot of fun and if you didn't want to drink it all you didn't have too!

I did not particapate in the Pub crawl on our POA cruise 7/16, but I did observe that they also had a pub crawl on Friday afternoon before the Napali sailbye.

Everyone appeared to be having a great time and the alcohol was plentiful

so also,...

what time on the first night does it start?

We are thinking about waiting till mid afternoon to board

would we miss it?

Signups are at 5:30 in the Gold Rush Saloon, and the actual pub crawl starts at about 6:00. We did the pub crawl on our 4/30/11 cruise on POA. It was a lot of fun, and as some of the others have said it's a good bargain as well. I believe the cost was $25 pp.

We visited 5 bars and received a specialty drink at each one. While walking from one bar to the next, everyone yells "PUB CRAWL" at the top of their lungs. Once everyone has a drink in hand, the staff say a toast (all of which were very funny), then you are allowed to drink. It was a blast. But be advised that the pub crawl is over in about 90 mins., so there is still a lot of evening left, so be careful not to completely down all of the drinks -- only the ones you really like. Some people get totally wasted.

• 9 months later...

I called NCL to sign up for the Pride of America pub crawl and you would have thought I asked for an explaination of the theory of relativity. The agent had no idea what i was talking about and gave me an inactive email address to submit in query to (which was promptly returned as undeliverable). I've never cruised with this line before, and to be honest, that exchage with the agent has made me somewhat nervous. However, as long as they keep the drinks coming, I won't know!

Jennifer

Jennifer, I've never seen where you can reserve it ahead of time, so that's why you got a confused look. And all ships don't do it. It's something each cruise director's staff has the discretion to do on the ships.

You will book it on the ship. If they don't have a table set up at embarkation or anything in your daily, just ask at the front desk when/where you can sign up.

FYI to all-you don't get any choice in what the drink is, and many of them are fruity.

DH felt like it was a waste to him, as he doesn't love fruity drinks. And he wasn't amused at the yelling of "pub crawl" throughout the ship when it was 9 pm and some older guests were probably sleeping and we rudely interrupted a nice big band show in the lounge. Felt very "frat boy-ish." I didn't love those last two parts either, but beyond that it was fun. So, if any of you are "on the fence" wondering if you'd like it, just thought I'd provide another perspective.

Archived