Rocker Bret Michaels sues over canceled cruise

I know this is OT, but I just read where Jani Lane, lead singer of Warrant, died. He was 47. I was, and still am, such a hair metal fan. Sad day. :(

I am with you...hubby said I am stuck in the 90's...well, there are worse places to be stuck:p

I am heartbroken over Jani Lane...have always loved him, may he rest in peace.

I just looked that this cruise now that it opened up and it is very reasonable but of course, the airfare is more than the cruise so that nips that in the bud, but I have to say, if Brett Michaels was gonna be on the ship, I would walk if I had to...talent or not, any girl that loves those big hair band singers will agree he is one of the hottest...and not too bad for his age...:eek:

From what I can see most of the cruises are four day cruises and most start at 799.00 dollars p/p, that is a lot of coin for at 4 day cruise, plus flight and drinks on the ship.

Gary

To many die hard fans its worth it, im sure.

So often people comment that they didnt like the music on a cruise, this is a great way to get exactly what you want :D

Was this scheduled For November 10th on the Destiny? If so that explains the low priced cabins we got. I thought it was a little strange that in November they were so low priced. Lower then October and September which usually are the lowest. Oh well good for me.

Was this scheduled For November 10th on the Destiny? If so that explains the low priced cabins we got. I thought it was a little strange that in November they were so low priced. Lower then October and September which usually are the lowest. Oh well good for me.

Question for ya...The link to the charter says the stops are Key West and Cozumel but when I check the CCL website, it just says Cozumel. Can you confirm the stops?

Thanks!

Question for ya...The link to the charter says the stops are Key West and Cozumel but when I check the CCL website, it just says Cozumel. Can you confirm the stops?

Thanks!

If it is the November 10th cruise (I looked but didn't see the date) then it is only Cozumel rest of the days at sea

If it is the November 10th cruise (I looked but didn't see the date) then it is only Cozumel rest of the days at sea

hey lele100:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I noticed on your cruise history that you've done the Bahamas Celebration a couple of times. I've been considering them for a quickie, cheap cruise fix, but I've been afraid to pull the trigger.

What's your experience? Did you book directly through them or through the timeshare company? Thanks for any info!

OK, Back to this thread now...:o

I just looked that this cruise now that it opened up and it is very reasonable but of course, the airfare is more than the cruise so that nips that in the bud, but I have to say, if Brett Michaels was gonna be on the ship, I would walk if I had to...talent or not, any girl that loves those big hair band singers will agree he is one of the hottest...and not too bad for his age...:eek:

Okay. I agree! He is HOT! :D

Menopause is wreaking havoc with my hormones... :eek:

We were dying to go on the Kiss Kruise and oh is my DH not happy..lol The rates were very high and well I didnt want to bring the kids on a cruise like that so unfortunately we cant go :(

I was booked on the Destiny when I got the call that it was chartered. I was so P***ed that someboy stole my ship :(. When I found out it was by Kiss...I was really upset. I would love to have gone but for those prices, I couldn't afford it.

OH-MY-GAWD!!!!

I am on the cruise RIGHT BEFORE THIS ONE! I could do a back-to-back but I'm already taking my daughter out of school for 3 days. If we were to book, I'd have to take her out another day. I can't do that! WHHAAAA! And my cabin is available too!! I'd just have to change my flight!! WHHHAAA!

[quote name='mrs141']whats the date for the cruise? I love deals :)[/QUOTE]

nov 10-14
Pricing is good for Balcony and Suites, nothing special about the insides and Ocean views. Imagination 14-18 is cheaper if you want inside and OV, plus it calls on 2 ports Coz and KW.

[quote name='MarathonRunner94']True, most the 3rd and 4th pax are $109[/quote]

I saw Tapi's post about $0 (just tax) for the 3rd and 4th from her PVP. I wonder if thats ONLY via a PVP... because I didnt see that online.

I have a call in to my PVP's backup person because mine is on vacation this week. $109 is great but if a PVP can get me $0 :D

[quote name='Tapi']FYI, that sailing is now open to the general public since its no longer a full ship charter, and since they need to fill it up in a hurry, it has some KILLER rates!

My PVP called me to see if I'd be interested. I was quoted $184 for 1st and 2nd passenger, 3rd and 4th guests pay $0! (plus tax, of course).

Unfortunately, we couldn't take advantage of it since we are already cruising a few weeks prior to that sailing...:([/quote]

I apologize, I did not read all the entries, but when is this cruise and from where? Thank you.

[quote name='DEBnGAB']I saw Tapi's post about $0 (just tax) for the 3rd and 4th from her PVP. I wonder if thats ONLY via a PVP... because I didnt see that online.

I have a call in to my PVP's backup person because mine is on vacation this week. $109 is great but if a PVP can get me $0 :D[/QUOTE]

True it might be, I would imagine when the sailing first became available the pricing was much better.I saw pricing starting at $159 about a week ago,now it's almost $200.

[quote name='Shipbound']From what I can see most of the cruises are four day cruises and most start at 799.00 dollars p/p, that is a lot of coin for at 4 day cruise, plus flight and drinks on the ship.

Gary[/quote]

With 4 in a cabin that can go down to about $600pp.

I've been going on different Sixthman cruises for the past several years and it's actually not a lot of money when you take into account the performances... the average ticket price for just one of those bands' concerts range from $20 - $100+ and on the average cruise I see 20-30 shows (and at least on my boats they get a number of bands that never tour the US at all). Plus I get the chance to see a number of other "once in a lifetime" type experiences like collaborations between the bands or rarely played live songs that you wouldn't get to see otherwise... and I get to see my friends who live far away.

For me, $800 for a music cruise is far more worth the money than a $300 "normal" one. That said, I wouldn't go on one of the ones where the bands aren't on the boat and it's just a normal cruise + a show on an island.

Archived