Rocker Bret Michaels sues over canceled cruise

FYI, that sailing is now open to the general public since its no longer a full ship charter, and since they need to fill it up in a hurry, it has some KILLER rates!

My PVP called me to see if I'd be interested. I was quoted $184 for 1st and 2nd passenger, 3rd and 4th guests pay $0! (plus tax, of course).

Unfortunately, we couldn't take advantage of it since we are already cruising a few weeks prior to that sailing...:(

Wow..thats alot of money he is asking for 2 shows..I find it more strange on the headline on reuters is Bret Michaels sues cruise ship company, when he is actuall suing the charter company not Carnival :confused:

Problems with this kind of cruise , they are way overpriced. $750,000 for 2 shows, he is over priced also. Who in there right mind tried that kind of deal ?

I would bet 750k is on the low end, below is from 2006, what artists make per concert. That doesnt include the meet n greet which Im sure is the big attraction for this types of cruises.

Paul McCartney; $2.2 million

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band; $1.13 million

The Who; $984,005

George Strait; $846,344

Neil Diamond; $823,202;

Cher; $789,976

Aerosmith; $754,756

Shakira; $689,520

Creed; $422,793

Rush; $414,560

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers; $381,872

Alan Jackson; $339,611

No Doubt; $325,276

Tony Hawk?s Boom Boom HuckJam; $319,270

Lord Of The Dance; $307,955

Nelly; $301,116

Enrique Iglesias; $296,982

Toby Keith; $296,212

Korn; $279,524

We booked on this date and got a great price for an aft balcony! We wondered why the rates were so cheap so I did a quick google search for the ship and dates and saw that the concert was cancelled, giving us a great rate!

Times are hard these day, most people choose a concert or a cruise, not both, actually never saw this one out there, but when these guys are on the way down, not up, and if it's about the fans, they should be given room and board and sing for free. Sorry, it's not really about the fans, it's about padding the wallet. :rolleyes:

Times are hard these day, most people choose a concert or a cruise, not both, actually never saw this one out there, but when these guys are on the way down, not up, and if it's about the fans, they should be given room and board and sing for free. Sorry, it's not really about the fans, it's about padding the wallet. :rolleyes:

In the last few years, music theme cruises have grown in popularity. They usually attract the non cruisers, who want more access to the group.

Here is a short list for the coming months

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1014

Sixthman does alot of these for Carnival. Like any concert on land, having a great promoter is the key.

Well, every rose has it's thorns!

Very funny!! I saw him once by himself. Terrible! Walked out of show. Saw Poison a few times. Never liked them. If they wouldnt have opened for the other acts I would have never seen them. No talent. Except CC. Even thats not saying a lot.

I know this is OT, but I just read where Jani Lane, lead singer of Warrant, died. He was 47. I was, and still am, such a hair metal fan. Sad day. :(

I heard about this last night. None of the news sites and also the entertainment site have it. but when Amy Whinehouse died, that was a tragedy, that most saw coming

In the last few years, music theme cruises have grown in popularity. They usually attract the non cruisers, who want more access to the group.

Here is a short list for the coming months

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1014

Sixthman does alot of these for Carnival. Like any concert on land, having a great promoter is the key.

That was the exact problem that he didn't go through an experienced, respected music/cruise promoter like sixthman.

Tried to just take the money from a promoter who did not know what they were doing.

Agreed to pay him too much without knowing how to promote the cruise and sell enough to make worth everyone's time.

I would kill to go to that upcoming sixthman cruise, the Monsters of Rock.

That lineup of groups on a 3 day cruise.

You would have a show going on somewhere on the ship or on shore almost 24/7....

Bill

FYI, that sailing is now open to the general public since its no longer a full ship charter, and since they need to fill it up in a hurry, it has some KILLER rates!

My PVP called me to see if I'd be interested. I was quoted $184 for 1st and 2nd passenger, 3rd and 4th guests pay $0! (plus tax, of course).

Unfortunately, we couldn't take advantage of it since we are already cruising a few weeks prior to that sailing...:(

wow!!!

Wow that is some awesome deal..We are sailing on the Liberty for thanksgiving so we couldnt even go either cause I tell u with prices like that...Well...WE be booking....lol

Archived