What guest structure on the 9 day canaries from BCN

GUEST080219

I have done the Epic transatlantic from Southampton to New York and I found that the guest structure was quite nice. I am not yet thirty and enjoyed the mix of very relaxed US travelers independent of their age and enough younger people.

What can I expect on the 9 day canary island tour on the Jade in January? From what I heard the crowd on european cruises is older and more conservative? I do not care to much about that, so it would not be a factor to influence my decision but I am curious what you would expect.

Some thoughts I had:

* US travelers will probably choose other cruises in europe as the four sea days are not what you want to have when you spend so much on flight costs.

* South european contries will probably still be in an economic crisis so I would expect less demand from there.

So who will book this cruise?

I have done the Epic transatlantic from Southampton to New York and I found that the guest structure was quite nice. I am not yet thirty and enjoyed the mix of very relaxed US travelers independent of their age and enough younger people.

What can I expect on the 9 day canary island tour on the Jade in January? From what I heard the crowd on european cruises is older and more conservative? I do not care to much about that, so it would not be a factor to influence my decision but I am curious what you would expect.

Some thoughts I had:

* US travelers will probably choose other cruises in europe as the four sea days are not what you want to have when you spend so much on flight costs.

* South european contries will probably still be in an economic crisis so I would expect less demand from there.

So who will book this cruise?

We did this one a couple of years ago....you will find more Brits onboard, escaping UK winter. Age demographic probably slightly older. We are 50ish, and did not feel it was a "retirement" cruise, with a good mix of younger folks. Cruising demographic generally is age reducing, as younger people see the value in cruising.

You will enjoy, don't worry about that....and a great ship!

Archived