Rome Cabs vs. Rome Cab

susiesailor

BTW: Forgot to add that we have used Romecabs (Stefano) a number of times. We have 3 transfers booked with them for November. We actually Stefano as our driver for one of our transfers......really nice guy. First rate company.

absolutely!!! Stefano.....

just be sure you are dealing with him ..check his website or FB page..his name is Stefano Constantini

We highly recommend Rome Cabs--from ease of booking online with Stefano to their friendly and professional drivers. We recently (August 2011) used their services to transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia for a cruise. Guiseppi was at the appointed meeting place early and patiently waited while the second couples flight arrival was delayed.

On our return, the driver (Lucca?, sorry did not get his name clearly--but he was great) was waiting at the port immediately outside of the embarkation/luggage area and transported 8 of us and our luggage to the airport with a nice discussion of local wine production and other interesting conversation along the way.

Both drivers were very professional, drove safely and spoke English quite well. Stefano replied to my emails to set up the transfers within 24 hrs of my inquiries and contacted us upon our return home to make sure everything was satisfactory. When you are traveling, putting together a lot of different tours, transportation arrangements, etc, you want someone you can depend on and I think Stefano Constantini and his RomeCabs certainly is a company that I can highly recommend. Thank you Rome Cabs!

we used Stefano alot on our Med cruise in 2008 and what sticks in my mind is how when we debarked in Civita and were waiting for the driver (we just didn't see him right off)..how when I said aloud that we were waiting for Stefano...another limo company owner said "Stefano?..hold on..I'll contact him for you" He called over to some other drivers.."Has anyone seen Stefano?" Within a few seconds Stefano was right there..like he owns the place:D...and said he just spoke to the driver and he would be driving up in a few seconds...and he did..

Stefano had so many customers that morning and he was running the show like a true professional.

It warmed all of our hearts..mine, DH and 4 DD's...to see how well respected and concientious Stefano is...

I have contacted him many times since then...when I emailed and said my 18 yo daughter would be arriving in 2009 with some friends and needed transport to the school and was a little concerned..even thought my DD speaks fluent Italian....Stefano responded that he remembered my DD and would be sure she was safely at her destination.

Can wait to email him with next summer's flight number!!!!

Here is the feedback I wrote for Stefano's web site after using them three times for transfers during our recent Rome stay and Med cruise:

Competitively priced. Personable English-speaking drivers always there early. Clean, newer vehicles. Outstanding email communication and confirmation. Used RomeCabs for airport and cruise port transfers.

In short, do not hesitate to book with Stefano Costantini's RomeCabs.

Hi!

We just returned from the September 3rd sailing of the Celebrity Silhouette and used Rome Cabs for 3 separate transfers. Each driver was prompt, efficient, polite, and helpful with our luggage. I would hightly recommend Stephano's Rome Cabs and would definitely use them again.

Reggie

My husband and I used RomeCabs on two occasions in June 2011. I cannot speak highly enough of the company. We were picked up at the airport (as previously arranged before we left Australia) and taken to our Hotel in Rome. Thew driver was very polite and friendly and told us a little bit about Rome as we drove in. The cab was immaculate as was the driver.

We then used RomeCabs to pick us up from our hotel a few days later to take us to Civitavecchia to embark on our cruise. Once again, the driver was very pleasant and spoke good English so we could converse with him on our journey.

I would highly recommend RomeCabs to anyone travelling around Rome. Also organise your cab via the Internet before you leave home and all you have to do is pay when the journey is complete. Five star treatment.

I have seen all the wonderful reports about RomeCabs in Rome. RomeinLimo has referred us to them( yes, Stefano's company) for an excursion from Livorno and back from the solstice. RomeinLimo is booked solid for that date.

Do you think they will perform well in Florence? They actually do DAY tours from Rome to Florence, so they must be familiar with the area. I am a little anxious at the thought of a driver coming from rome to Livorno to drive us back and foth to florence. What do you think?

I have seen all the wonderful reports about RomeCabs in Rome. RomeinLimo has referred us to them( yes, Stefano's company) for an excursion from Livorno and back from the solstice. RomeinLimo is booked solid for that date.

Do you think they will perform well in Florence? They actually do DAY tours from Rome to Florence, so they must be familiar with the area. I am a little anxious at the thought of a driver coming from rome to Livorno to drive us back and foth to florence. What do you think?

Of course they will do a great job in Livorno just like they do everywhere else.I have used Rome Cabs several times and I have NEVER read anything negative about their service at all.You are worrying for no reason.You will never find a better company.Enjoy your cruise. I know you will be a confirmed Rome Cabs fan when you are done.:D

• 2 weeks later...

We used Rome Cabs in Sept. for Pick up from Airport to hotel in Rome, Pick up at hotel to Port, and then pick up at port to Airport.

I would not hesitate to use them again, they were always on time, picked up our friends at another hotel, the vehicles they use are roomy and new.

in Short they were great. and I will use them again.

Just returned from the Carnival Magic and when we were in Rome we used Stefano (his driver John) was excellent, I have used them a number of times and have never been dissatisfied. We did an all day private tour and it was very reasonable and skipped all the lines!

We used Romecabs in May on the advice of cruisecritic members. It was a fabulous service, from airport to city centre hotel and then back to airport for our Celebrity transfer to Civitavecchia. Our driver was waiting for us at the airport, and again at our hotel on the morning of departure, immaculately dressed and extremely professional. We will definitely use Stephano and his company on our next trip to Rome.

BTW: Forgot to add that we have used Romecabs (Stefano) a number of times. We have 3 transfers booked with them for November. We actually Stefano as our driver for one of our transfers......really nice guy. First rate company.

Stefano Constantini is one of Rome major assets....you could not get a more reliable hard working tour guide/driver...very knowledgable.

I just requested him for our Etruscan Mysteries tour.

We have used Rome Cabs twice in the past and they were TERRIFIC!! There were four of us setting off on a cruise with tons of luggage but were met with an appropriate sized car and taken to our hotel. The next day at an agreed upon time the driver picked us up at the hotel and took us to the port. No fuss, no muss, no bother!!

The drivers were wonderful and the dealings with Stefano were great. My e-mails with questions re: times, costs or anything else in general, were answered almost immediately.

A GREAT company to deal with.

I arranged port to hotel and hotel to airport transfers with RomeCabs for my son and his new wife on their recent honeymoon. I relied entirely on the research I had done here on Cruise Critic and also on Trip Advisor ... Both sites featured a lot of wonderful reviews about RomeCabs.

I wanted everything to be perfect for them for this special trip and I'm so glad I chose RomeCabs ! They were reliable, friendly and provided great service.

I have seen other posts asking about "Rome Cab" or other similar sounding names, but it is RomeCabs (with Stefano) that is the one I used and is the company who actually receives the outstanding reviews.

I would highly recommend this company !

This year was the second time that we have been able to use RomeCabs in the past three years. We actually used RomeCabs services for airport transfers, cruise port transfers, day tours while in the Rome area, and also a tour to the Etruscan countryside.

We have had the privilege of having Stefano as our personal driver twice now. YAY!!! He is excellent and such a nice person. His drivers are also wonderful and do their best to answer questions about the Rome area.

I wanted to mention an experience we had with a RomeCabs driver (I think Alex) while touring a Tuscan town. We were in Montepulciano when it began to downpour. None of our tour group had umbrellas, so the driver stopped in a shop and bought us 3 umbrellas (one per couple.) :) That's what I call service!

Has anyone used Rome CAB for a transfer? I have read a great deal about Rome CABS but can't find anything about Rome Cab(no S) It is also a limo service and they are a fair amount less expensive so just wondering if anyone out there has any info. Thanks.

I can't say enough about Rome Cabs. We have used them twice, last time in September. They are always there on time and very professional. We got off our ship earlier than expected, Stefano was there got us a limo early than our scheduled time. We used

RC from airport to hote, to ship, from ship to airport. His prices are good. Make sure you have the right one http://www.romecabs.com or info@romecabs.com Stefano Constantini is the owner. Good luck

We found our right before our cruise that there would be a train strike in Italy the day we needed to off the ship in Rome and get to our Hotel. We usually use the train so I had to find another way. There were 4 of us and I quickly found two more couples to share a van. I reshearched several transfer companies and Rome cabs was the only one who was 100% reliable. They were just a little more than the least expensive so I booked with them. I asked for a 9AM pickup at the ship. I had read that they were always early so we decided to get off the ship at 8:30 in case it took longer than I expected. Getting off the ship was a breeze and sure enough there was our driver with my name waiting for us. He had a very large 8 passanger van with plenty of room for all our luggage. Another couple I talked with later went with another company and the driver arrived with a 4 person van for 6 people. One couple was out of luck. Our driver was so helpful with our luggage and dropped each couple at their hotel. I was very pleased with my choice and the service we recieved.

In October 2011, I used Romecabs.com for a transfer from FCO to our Rome hotel for a pre-cruise stay. Well worth the 55 euro charge for 2.

I also was able to arrange a transfer for 6 people from 3 different Rome hotels to Civitavecchia through our cruise's roll call. There was a slight upcharge for the 3 stops but still worth it. It cost 180 euros divided among 6 people. Because the cruise departure was on a day that mass demonstrations were planned for Rome, I was able to rearrange our pick up times to leave Rome earlier than originally planned in order not to get delayed on the way to the pier. Romecabs.com was wonderful in rescheduling our departure and we made it safely out of Rome prior to the start of the demonstrations.

At the end of the cruise we again used Romecabs.com for our transfer to FCO for ourselves and 4 of our cruisemates. Their charge for this transfer was 170 euros divided among 6 people. The service in each of these transfers was impeccable.

Will be using Romecabs for transfer from FCO to our hotel. Will have 3 (maybe 4) large suitcases and 2 carry-on suitcases. Will this fit into their sedan?? Figure 1 large case can sit next to driver and 1 carryon in back seat with us. What do ya think??

On a related topic...

How many individuals will "belong" to those suitcases? If the answer is two, have you checked the regulations for baggage allowance on your airline, for your class of ticket? There are definitely some situations in which you'll be able to bring that much luggage on board for free. Otherwise, you'll have to pay hefty penalties.

You may already know the baggage regs for your situation and my heads-up turns out to be unnecessary. I was simply trying to help you avoid unpleasant surprises at the airport.

Happy cruising!

There are definitely some situations in which you'll be able to bring that much luggage on board for free. Otherwise, you'll have to pay hefty penalties.

You may already know the baggage regs for your situation and my heads-up turns out to be unnecessary. I was simply trying to help you avoid unpleasant surprises at the airport.

Happy cruising!

What I wrote was confusing. I was primarily focusing on the three or four large suitcases you mentioned, your checked luggage, but, in fact, carry-on luggage may be an issue, too. I don't know what class seat you have booked. Many coach tickets will allow you only one free suitcase packed with up to 50 pounds on a trans-Atlantic flight. Other class seats will allow you to check two of the same size suitcases.

If you're flying a non-US carrier, you may find that the size and the weight allowance of the carry-on luggage is more restrictive than US airlines.

The bottom line is the same: Know before you even begin to pack so you'll avoid unpleasant and expensive surprises at the airport.

Edited by ksps cruise fan

Because of the great reviews I've read here on CC and on Trip Advisor, we booked Rome Cabs to drive us from Civitavecchia to the airport after our cruise on the Silhouette this month. We couldn't be happier with the service we received before, during, and after!!

Our driver was there early (before us, and we were earlier disembarking than we'd expected!) She was professional and friendly. There were 4 of us with quite a few bags, but there was lots of room for all.

We highly recommend Rome Cabs and Stefano (he's also on Facebook if you want to check that out). If only every company could have such great customer service!

Make sure it's Stefano's company you book with, and not one of the imposters. ;)

What I wrote was confusing. I was primarily focusing on the three or four large suitcases you mentioned, your checked luggage, but, in fact, carry-on luggage may be an issue, too. I don't know what class seat you have booked. Many coach tickets will allow you only one free suitcase packed with up to 50 pounds on a trans-Atlantic flight. Other class seats will allow you to check two of the same size suitcases.

If you're flying a non-US carrier, you may find that the size and the weight allowance of the carry-on luggage is more restrictive than US airlines.

The bottom line is the same: Know before you even begin to pack so you'll avoid unpleasant and expensive surprises at the airport.

We are flying business class on British Airways and are allowed 3 checked bags EACH so I am not worryied about airline. I am asking about size of limo trunk or will I need van.

We are flying business class on British Airways and are allowed 3 checked bags EACH so I am not worryied about airline. I am asking about size of limo trunk or will I need van.

When we booked Rome Cabs online, we were asked how many passengers and how many bags. They will send the right sized vehicle for your needs. :)