Rome Cabs vs. Rome Cab

susiesailor

Thanks for everyone's help. We booked a van for only 5 Euros more for transfer from FCO to Hilton Cavalieri. That should accommadate my wife's luggage?? Only 12 days left until we leave DFW. Really looking forward to our 3 nights in Rome and then Regent transatlantic cruise back to Ft Lauderdale.

Just back from the Equinox 31 October cruise.

We used Rome Cabs to/from the port, from recommendations, and both times they were punctual and very helpful.

In fact we booked a car for 11am yesterday from Civitavecchia but they threw us off the ship at 10am, but our driver was actually there already, so we had no waiting around.

There is very little difference between the good cabs and the cheaper ones, so why take the chance?

I am actually a travel agent, and will definately recommend Rome Cabs to anyone I can for transfers and although I didn't get an opportunity to take a Tour, I'm certain they would be of the same quality. :cool:

We used RomeCabs in September 2009 and again in October 2011 for transfers from FCO to our hotel, transfers from two different hotels to Civitavecchia and then again for a group of us from the port to FCO and each and every transfer was handled professionally, with courtesy and timeliness. Would recommend them again and again.

We have utilized Stefano's services for years from everything to private tours to transfers and have never been dissapointed. He will arrange everything you want and will customize tours that other companies simply can not do as they don't have the same inside knowledge as a true Roman. I think it is sad that someone is trying to ride on his coatails and reputation. Their is only one original Rome cabs and make sure you add the S - for special :D

Thanks for everyone's help. We booked a van for only 5 Euros more for transfer from FCO to Hilton Cavalieri. That should accommadate my wife's luggage?? Only 12 days left until we leave DFW. Really looking forward to our 3 nights in Rome and then Regent transatlantic cruise back to Ft Lauderdale.

Have a wonderful cruise and stay in Rome. Enjoy!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

...we just returned from our 2 week med trip and 10 day cruise, we used Rome CabS and were positively delighted with their service, the driver, Pietro, met us right at the exit of the airport, carried my my wife's bags to the car, provided chilled water bottles (it was actually 72 degrees when we arrived) and instead of a direct drive to the hotel which is what you'd get with a normal city cab, drove us around and pointed out all the major sights that were along the route to our hotel, and parked directly in front of the entrance, very excellent service...

cheers,

the Imagineer

Don't quite understand the confusion here. It is quite simply www.romecabs.com. Stefano should answer your emails, and he is very accommodating. I have used his services three times, coming or going between port and Rome. Always on time and professional. Other cruisers have reported to me that his tours are quite good.

Any other variation of the above website is probably suspicious...

We just came back from a cruise and had used the services of Romecabs in taking us to Civitavecchia from Fiumicino and taking us back to Rome from Civitavecchia. In both instances Stefano has provided comfortable Vans(for 8 persons) and superior driving with ongoing description of places along the way.

I would recommend his company without any hesitation.

We just returned from our Rome to Ft. Lauderdale transatlantic and once again had an unbelievable time with Stefano of Rome Cabs. We have traveled many times with him and he does not disappoint. This time we did a one day tour from Rome on our arrival (Castles and Lake tour). It was just the right amount of time for our first day since we were jet lagged. One of the best things about Stefano is that he knows all the really great restaurants and we have never had a disappointing meal when with him. We also did an all day tour (Sutri, Calcata, and Viterbo) on our next port day from Civitavecchia. Once again a very informative day. If you haven't visited Calcata, I highly recommend it. We were there in November and practically had the place to ourselves, thus allowing us to get some great scenic photo shots. Once again, had a great meal in Viterbo. We had a very comfortable van for the 7 in our group. We have been lucky enough to have Stefano himself for all our trips and are quite fond of him. I'll post a review and a link to some photos in a separate posting on the Italy port of call board... Fran

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Rome in the beginning of November, to stay a couple of days before we embarked on our TA cruise to Fort Lauderdale.

We booked RomeCabs (Stefano) both from Fiumicino to our hotel, and from Rome to Civitavecchia. Great company - very prompt pick up both times - comfortable cars. We loved the small video we were sent, to show us where to meet our driver at the airport. Made things so much easier.

We are going back to Rome with some friends for another cruise in April, and will book RomeCabs again:)

• 2 weeks later...
We just came back from a cruise and had used the services of Romecabs in taking us to Civitavecchia from Fiumicino and taking us back to Rome from Civitavecchia. In both instances Stefano has provided comfortable Vans(for 8 persons) and superior driving with ongoing description of places along the way.

I would recommend his company without any hesitation.

Hi: Just wondering about cost? Nobody has mentioned their prices.

FCO to Rome hotel is 50 euro for 2 people.

Rome hotel to port for 2 is 130 Euro.

Rome Hotel to port for 6 people is 170 Euro.

Port to FCO for 2 is 130 Euro.

The website is romecabs dot com to make reservations and to see other information regarding other transfers and private tours. If you send them a email they respond promptly.

My wife and I used Stefano and Romecabs twice this past October.....both times it was transfers. Both times the drivers were on time, professional, well dressed, courteous and informative. We would highly recommend them as an excellent choice.

Stefano's pricing is right in line with the other major companies in Italy. We have been able to get bundled pricing when we book multiple tours and transfers. Already have them booked for this August- you can't go wrong with Rome cabs!

I agree with what other members shared on their posts. We too used RomeCabs (plural with the S) for a VIP transfer from FCO to ROme, and a day trip tour into the countryside of Rome. We were more than pleased with both services on this trip even though one was a transfer and the other a tour - they delivered on their promise and exceeded our expectations, and I definitely see why they come so highly recommended on this forum!

Has anyone used Rome CAB for a transfer? I have read a great deal about Rome CABS but can't find anything about Rome Cab(no S) It is also a limo service and they are a fair amount less expensive so just wondering if anyone out there has any info. Thanks.

I agree with what other members shared on their posts. We too used RomeCabs (plural with the S) for a VIP transfer from FCO to ROme, and a day trip tour into the countryside of Rome. We were more than pleased with both services on this trip even though one was a transfer and the other a tour - they delivered on their promise and exceeded our expectations, and I definitely see why they come so highly recommended on this forum!

What is a VIP transfer? Is it different than their normal transfers?

We originally booked a regular transfer from FCO to Rome on our recent land trip, but a couple of weeks before our arrival I noticed they added a VIP Transfer on their website. http://www.romecabs.com/vip.php

We were arriving in Rome with another couple who was their first time in Rome, plus we had a few hours to kill before checking into our apartment, so I emailed RomeCabs to see if they can upgrade our reservation to an VIP Transfer and they did. We opted for a 2 hour mini tour that you basically visit many of the popular sites in the center of Rome by car, and we made a couple of mandatory stops: espresso and a pastry at a cafe, and a stop at Trevi Fountain for our coin-tossing pilgrimage. Because it was early in the morning, we had the fountain to ourselves! We never saw it so free of crowds before.

The driver you get on the VIP Transfer is an English speaking driver guide that specializes in tours, not a regular transfer driver that may or may not speak English. So we got tons of great info (which our companions loved on their 1st visit to Rome, and they had tons of questions!), great restaurant recommendations, and it felt like we were on a tour from the moment we left the airport to when we were dropped off at our apartment. Much more interesting than a straight transfer that we usually got before, that's for sure. I and my husband have been to Rome before, but it was nice to see all our favorite sites before arriving at the hotel, it made me forget all about the jetlag and got me all excited about being in Rome!

I hope that helps answer your question :)

What is a VIP transfer? Is it different than their normal transfers?

We originally booked a regular transfer from FCO to Rome on our recent land trip, but a couple of weeks before our arrival I noticed they added a VIP Transfer on their website. http://www.romecabs.com/vip.php

We were arriving in Rome with another couple who was their first time in Rome, plus we had a few hours to kill before checking into our apartment, so I emailed RomeCabs to see if they can upgrade our reservation to an VIP Transfer and they did. We opted for a 2 hour mini tour that you basically visit many of the popular sites in the center of Rome by car, and we made a couple of mandatory stops: espresso and a pastry at a cafe, and a stop at Trevi Fountain for our coin-tossing pilgrimage. Because it was early in the morning, we had the fountain to ourselves! We never saw it so free of crowds before.

The driver you get on the VIP Transfer is an English speaking driver guide that specializes in tours, not a regular transfer driver that may or may not speak English. So we got tons of great info (which our companions loved on their 1st visit to Rome, and they had tons of questions!), great restaurant recommendations, and it felt like we were on a tour from the moment we left the airport to when we were dropped off at our apartment. Much more interesting than a straight transfer that we usually got before, that's for sure. I and my husband have been to Rome before, but it was nice to see all our favorite sites before arriving at the hotel, it made me forget all about the jetlag and got me all excited about being in Rome!

I hope that helps answer your question :)

Would you mind telling me the cost of this transfer/guided tour? Can you split the cost of the tour 4 ways? I see on their website they charge only an extra 10 euros per extra person so that would be 120 euros for the 4 if taking a one hour tour/transfer? So then the two couples could split the cost of 60 per couple I assume plus tip? What is a customary tip?

Edited by fuzzywuzzy

Hi! It was 4 of us, and the cost for the 2 hour mini tour was 170Euros: the price of the transfer, plus the 2 hours of the mini tour. We split the cost in half, and we tipped a little over 15% because our driver did an excellent job and went out of his way to make sure we had a great time. Tipping is not mandatory in Italy, but around 15% is the norm if the driver does a great job and earned it. Again, if the service you receive whether it's taxi, chauffeur, tour, restaurant, concierge, etc., is mediocre you don't have to tip. We usually tip 10% at restaurants if the server does a great job....15% if he or she does a super job!

I also want to mention that all 4 of us stayed at the same hotel. Because the 2 hour tour ended once we were dropped off at the hotel, it helps to stay at the same hotel because we didn't waste time driving from one hotel to another. If you are staying at different hotels, you should contact RomeCabs (info@romecabs.com) and ask them for more information. From my experience traveling with friends and family over the years, I highly recommend staying at the same hotel or hotels near each other because traffic in Rome can be hedious and it can forever to get from 1 hotel to another even if the distance is relatively short geographically speaking. We'll never make that mistake again!

All in all I'm glad we booked the 2 hour mini tour, it really made a huge difference arriving in Rome, and we were treated very special and I'll never forget this last arrival in Rome as the best one I ever experienced (and my husband and companions agreed too! :)

Would you mind telling me the cost of this transfer/guided tour? Can you split the cost of the tour 4 ways? I see on their website they charge only an extra 10 euros per extra person so that would be 120 euros for the 4 if taking a one hour tour/transfer? So then the two couples could split the cost of 60 per couple I assume plus tip? What is a customary tip?

Hi again,

I also wanted to mention that if your flight arrives in late afternoon or evening, seeing Rome at dusk or night on the VIP Transfer mini tour is really incredible! It's so much easier to see multiple sights at night by car than by foot or public transportation. We did a Rome By Night tour with Rome Cabs a few years back because we were too exhausted sight seeing during the day to go back out again at night to see Rome at night on our own. Even driving by at night is great to see the different piazzas and sites all lit up. My favorites are St Peter's, Coliseum, Piazza Venezia, Pantheon, and Trevi Fountain at night. Of course, on the 2 hour mini tour you see more places than the 1 hour version, but it's well worth it because you get so much more out of it. And if you can split the cost with others with you it's quite affordable.

Just a thought :)

• 1 month later...

Romecabs (Don't forget the "s" on the end) is every bit as good as we've read on these boards. Stefano is a real hands on guy who is personally involved with every reservation. Not only that, but he's extremely flexible, and can change an itinerary at any time to suit your needs (which he just did for us a couple of weeks ago).

He'll be our choice on our future trips to Italy.

Bruce

• 1 year later...

We used Rome cabs from Port to Rome Airport on Nov 13th. We asked for them at 7am and we disembarked at 6:30am and they were there and whisked us away. They were fabulous and would recommend them to anyone needing a transfer and will certainly use them again if i am in Rome