Should I change cabins or is it too late?

lafngas

Right before final payment I changed cabins to a minisuite,Emerald deck on starboard side. I have been reading complaints about noise since these cabins are over the Vista lounge(our cabin is opposite side of the stage though),as well as raves about how great the covered balconies are for privacy.

I don't know if it is too late to get a minisuite on a different deck now that we are past final payment.( I don't think the fare has changed since final payment though)

So, should we stay put or change?

I always find, when it comes to asking others about opinions on cabin locations, it really comes down to personal preference and what you make of it. I'd say stay where you are, you will most likely be fine.

The reason I say that is for example, people say being midship is the best, others like forward, some life aft, I never seem to have a problem where I am. Same thing as for noise level. If you are worried about being below the vista lounge, and really wanna switch rooms. It can never hurt to call princess or your ta, and ask. As long as there is availability, I am sure they will be more then happy to do the switch for you :)

Many people have posted here that minisuites on the starboard side (odd numbered cabins) do not have noticeable noise. It's those right over the bandstand that seem to lodge the most complaints. I personally would value the covered balcony and the proximity to the water that you get being on Emerald Deck.

Right before final payment I changed cabins to a minisuite,Emerald deck on starboard side. I have been reading complaints about noise since these cabins are over the Vista lounge(our cabin is opposite side of the stage though),as well as raves about how great the covered balconies are for privacy.

I don't know if it is too late to get a minisuite on a different deck now that we are past final payment.( I don't think the fare has changed since final payment though)

Oh, definitely don't change your cabin location. Unless you booked the futhest aft cabin on the port side (which you didn't). The port side futhest aft mini suite is the only one I have ever heard noise, or read complaints about. You have a perfect cabin location. :) Enjoy!

I agree with Toto. You have a great cabin and you should keep it. The starboard side Emerald mini suites are the best cabins. I have not experienced any noise on the starboard side from the lounge below. The only reports of noise have been from the last 2-3 mini suites on the portside, which are almost directly over the stage.

On my next two cruises I am booked in Emerald deck mini suites on the starboard side because I know these are the best cabins on the ship.

Stay put. Don't change. I agree with the others that it's only the last couple of cabins on the port side that have reported noise. Very quiet and private. Not sure where you've read the complaints but I haven't seen many here on the main Princess boards. I don't read ship reviews on CC any more because I've found that most of them include complaints about things that could easily have been corrected onboard or the person had unrealistic expectations. Many of the reviews are by people with an axe to grind and this is their way to vent. I don't take them seriously.

We also have a cabin on starboard aft emerald going to Alaska. We really wanted the covered balcony for rain and I cannot do sun. Heard these cabins were great. We made sure to denote "no upgrade" on our requests as we didn't want to end up on the Caribe deck. Two weeks and ready to go :) Enjoy your cruise!

Many people have posted here that minisuites on the starboard side (odd numbered cabins) do not have noticeable noise. It's those right over the bandstand that seem to lodge the most complaints. I personally would value the covered balcony and the proximity to the water that you get being on Emerald Deck.

I read that too, but was wondering about the thrusters during docking. Somebody said I can feel more vibration on Emerald deck than Dolphin deck because it is a lower deck.

BTW the loudest noise complaints come from E728. However, people have complained about all port side AD cabins, so I will make sure I sleep on the starboard side.

In one word. STAY!

We alway book one of those mini suites and love the quiet, covered balcony location

We had E730, the aft-most port side mini on EP last January (the one people either love or hate.) Very little noise from the lounge, maybe a little more vibration and sound from the prop wash, but nothing major. Extra space on the veranda was great. I'd take any E-deck mini over an uncovered D-deck. Great cabins. If you want an uncovered veranda, go ahead and try a swap, but don't let CC opinions sway you if you'd rather have the privacy. We love the E-deck minis!

One more vote for staying put! We've had 4 Emerald deck minisuites and never heard ANY noise from the lounge below. If there was additional vibration from the thrusters, we didn't feel that either. Truthfully I can't imagine what one deck (what is it 8 feet?) could do for dampening vibration enough to notice it. There is much less "hall noise" than other areas and the covered deck is fabulous. Stay, stay!!!!

Thank you one and all for your excellent suggestions and advice. I REALLY appreciate it.

We are in E725 so it is not one of the aft cabins.

Sailing in mid-October roundtrip from Rome so I guess having a covered balcony will be good protection from rain and be a bit warmer than an uncovered one?

So I guess we will stay put.

This is an Egypt/Aegean itinerary and when I called to change to the minisuite I was surprised how many of these AD cabins on Emerald deck were available a little more than a week ago the day before final payment-I wonder if the cruise is still not selling well due to expensive airfare and the itinerary. I really want to see the pyramids and the Sphinx!

I guess I need to make sure my TA marks us for no upgrade?

Stay put. Don't change. I agree with the others that it's only the last couple of cabins on the port side that have reported noise. Very quiet and private. Not sure where you've read the complaints but I haven't seen many here on the main Princess boards. I don't read ship reviews on CC any more because I've found that most of them include complaints about things that could easily have been corrected onboard or the person had unrealistic expectations. Many of the reviews are by people with an axe to grind and this is their way to vent. I don't take them seriously.
Well said Pam re reviews on CC, I have read reviews by people when we were on the same ship and I go wow was the reviewer on the same ship as us

We too have booked a mini suite on Emerald Deck on the starboard side for next year when we do the New England cruise. I have read so many posts saying that those cabins are a must and as we always cruise on the smaller ships, I wanted a good cabin for our first experience of being on one of the larger Princess ships.

Jennie

We will be sailing for our 3rd time in a starboard side mini, E731. Keep that cabin, mark it no upgrades and just look forward to your cruise. You will NOT feel vibration from the lounge below. We sailed in E730 once and while there was slight bass vibration at times we would still book that if E731 was not available.

Thank you one and all for your excellent suggestions and advice. I REALLY appreciate it.

We are in E725 so it is not one of the aft cabins.

Sailing in mid-October roundtrip from Rome so I guess having a covered balcony will be good protection from rain and be a bit warmer than an uncovered one?

So I guess we will stay put.

This is an Egypt/Aegean itinerary and when I called to change to the minisuite I was surprised how many of these AD cabins on Emerald deck were available a little more than a week ago the day before final payment-I wonder if the cruise is still not selling well due to expensive airfare and the itinerary. I really want to see the pyramids and the Sphinx!

I guess I need to make sure my TA marks us for no upgrade?

We had E721 and E723 and E725 last year. In my opinion, there are the best cabins on the ship! I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed with them!

Any of the minis on Emerald Deck are superior to the Dolphin Deck minis IMHO. Most desirable are the farthest aft minis since the verandas are double in size. Having been in both port and starboard staterooms, we prefer starboard, but would opt for one on the port side over a mini on Dolphin Deck any day. Noise and, or vibration has never been an issue for us in these cabins.

Archived