Broadwalk from Westin Diplomat

5Stringer

We're staying at the Westin Diplomat and want to spend some time strolling the Broadwalk. What's the best way to go about this? Should I take the trolley to the Welcome Centre, which appears to be in the middle and head in one direction (which way?) or go to the end of the Broadwalk and walk back towards the Westin?

How long is the Broadwalk?

Thanks,

We are staying there in Jan. as well and would also like to know the best way to get there. I heard there is the Trolly. I will check and see if that is available 7 days.

I am so excited to be staying at the Westin, almost as much as the cruise, almost:D

Kris

It is very easy to walk to the Broadwalk from the Westin. Either along the beach, takes longer but is really good exercise or along the sidewalk. Turn right from the front of the hotel. Good news is that there is now a Water Taxi stop next the Giorgios bakery. This is a great place for breakfast or lunch. The trolley is a bargain and you can go right from the hotel to downtown Hollywood. There is also a free shuttle to the Westin Golf Resort at Hallandale where you can get a little adult relaxation in the spa. It is free to Westin Diplomat guests, treatments of course, are payable. We can't wait for our next visit in February for 5 whole nights, what a treat.

Like the previous poster mentioned the boardwalk is a very easy and nice walk for the able bodied. I guess if you walk it one way and are too tired to walk back you can certainly take the trolley. It does stretch for quite a distance, well over a mile I believe, but a very enjoyable walk on a nice day/evening. LOVED the Westin Diplomat. You will NOT be disappointed!!;)

Per the visithollywood website, the trolley runs Wednesday - Sunday:

About the Hollywood Trolley

• Transportation service for Residents and Visitors

• Operates every Wednesday through Sunday, 10am - 10pm

• Departs approximately every 30 minutes from over a dozen stops on Hollywood beach and historic downtown

• $1 per ride/per person - riders will pay on-board the trolley - Exact change required

• Children age 5 and under ride FREE

• Trolley Hotline: 954-921-3551

• Email us at trolley@hollywoodfl.org

Trolley service will be available on the following special dates:

• Labor Day, September 5, 2011

• Thanksgiving, November 24, 2011

• Christmas, December 25, 2011/COLOR]

Thank you all for your responses. Is there a more "popular" section of the Broadwalk to concentrate on, or is the entire Broadwalk worth taking in?

The entire Broadwalk is worth taking in ... it is definitely great for people watching, (we affectionately nickame it Holly-weird)! I would not say there is a "popular" section per se, but rather a crowded section which spans 1-2 blocks both north and south of the Johnson Street bandshell. Some restaurants/bars have live music daily. You can choose to walk, run, or rent bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived