Segway Tour

mickey-mouse

We haven't done it, but I've seen their operation and a tour in progress.

I wouldn't call what I saw an excursion, as it was up and down The Boardwalk along Great Bay, Philipsburg, and that was it.

If you want the Segway experience, then it might be ok for you, but from what I saw, I wouldn't call it an excursion.

th_DSCN6476.jpg th_DSCN6477.jpg

(click)

gary

• 1 month later...

The Boardwalk Segway tour in St. Maarten just replaced all of their Segways with the new off-road version of the Segway. These Segways have bigger tires and because of this they have added a very neat ride right on the beach to their tour route. We had a blast on the tour!

377492041_SXMBEACH2small.jpg.4110b462908e04de0beaa96e12ab0d18.jpg

1187717399_Galinmarketsmall.jpg.fee93cdf334326774a199a0f3a2521c7.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Boardwalk Segway tour in St. Maarten just replaced all of their Segways with the new off-road version of the Segway. These Segways have bigger tires and because of this they have added a very neat ride right on the beach to their tour route. We had a blast on the tour!

Did you book it through the ship or do it yourself? Was it hard to get to the Segway shop? How long was the experience? Can kids do it too?? Did you go to Maho too???

• 3 years later...
Did you book it through the ship or do it yourself? Was it hard to get to the Segway shop? How long was the experience? Can kids do it too?? Did you go to Maho too???

I haven't done the segways in St. Maarten, but we've done them several times elsewhere. It's very easy to do...kids can do it no problem and would enjoy it, it's fun. But it might be expensive for a whole family.

According to their website, they don't offer this tour to Cruise passengers. How do I find out if our cruise ship offers this tour? I'm with Royal Caribbean International.

What their website says is:

Important Note to Cruise Ship Passengers

For contractual reasons we do not combine, from the same ship, those guests who have purchased tickets through us with guests who have purchased their tickets through the cruise line. To guarantee you are able to enjoy our tour, we highly recommend that you book through the "Shore Excursion" section of your cruise lines' website.

Thanks for your understanding!

If your cruise line does not currently offer our tour: Please contact us through our contact form or by phone at 599.520.4568.

I don't see the Segway offered on the Royal Caribbean website, so I would contact them directly.

gary

rose1179,

I've been thinking about this and noticed that the website is out of date with their posted phone number.

The '599' was replaced years ago, perhaps 4-5, with a 'normal' area code for us to dial from the US and Canada of 721.

It's still an international call, but just dial 1-721-----

And you'll get there. Skype works really well for this. :)

gary

• 2 months later...
What their website says is:

Important Note to Cruise Ship Passengers

For contractual reasons we do not combine, from the same ship, those guests who have purchased tickets through us with guests who have purchased their tickets through the cruise line. To guarantee you are able to enjoy our tour, we highly recommend that you book through the "Shore Excursion" section of your cruise lines' website.

Thanks for your understanding!

If your cruise line does not currently offer our tour: Please contact us through our contact form or by phone at 599.520.4568.

I don't see the Segway offered on the Royal Caribbean website, so I would contact them directly.

gary

rose1179,

I've been thinking about this and noticed that the website is out of date with their posted phone number.

The '599' was replaced years ago, perhaps 4-5, with a 'normal' area code for us to dial from the US and Canada of 721.

It's still an international call, but just dial 1-721-----

And you'll get there. Skype works really well for this. :)

gary

I believe that company is gone. I think they were purchased by the other Segway company at the other end of the boardwalk. "Fun and Roll"....but now I am wondering if "Fun and Roll" is also gone as their email is kicking back as undeliverable.

Has anyone done the Segway recently in ST M? If so, have they changed names? Anyone have a current email address?

• 5 months later...

We were in St Maarten last month coming in on Carnival. We took the water taxi over to the boardwalk area, and a few doors down from where you get off the water taxi is the office of Fun & Roll. We walked in about 10:30am and at that point she told us they didn't have room for us until 1:30 or 2:00. (I can't recall exactly.) So we booked it... $30 per person! WAY WAY cheaper than if you book through the ship. So we went back to the ship to eat lunch and change into swim clothes, came back via the water taxi, swam at the beach for a while and then went and did the Segways. Turns out it was just our family of 4 (2 kids, 11 and 12 years old) and we had a great time for $30!