Would you think this is rude?

Fourseventeen

You will get the end seat thing when you are get older.Or would you rather have me climb over you in the middle of the show?:cool:

Don't get me wrong....I totally understand wanting the isle seat....my husband sometimes wants to sit on the end so that he can stretch out his legs.....BUT, if you DO take the isle seat, please be courteous enough to stand up and/or out of the way when other people want to get past you...rather than sit there and act like it's a HUGE inconvenience.....

I'm loving some of these stories.....:D

Totally rude, inconsiderate etc... Not enough words to express how shelfish and terrible these individuals are. Also, they are raising teenagers to feel this is perfectly ok. It is one thing to save a seat for a wife or another couple for a few minutes but not longer than 15 minutes before the show. If the others don't feel the show is important enough to be there in plenty of time let them find their own seats. Hay, you are on this cruise together for a week or more and not sitting together will not be like you missing each other. I blame the staff for not being in the theaters and monitoring these activiites. I don't agree everyone should have to move to the left as those who come early to find a good view should have that seat. The later arrivals can move to the seats available. It is very sad how selfish and rude so much of America has become.

I had a similar situation in the showroom on the Splendor, but I was the one who told the man not to sit in the seats 2 away from me. The reason I told him was because there was a pole blocking the view from the seats. Well, he gave me a dirty look and sat down anyway. For the whole show he had to lean around the pole to watch the show. And he refused to move to empty seats in other rows with better views.:rolleyes:

so on our last cruise on the Valor on the final night of the cruise they have the Legends show. In the 4th row dead center a group of 4 people (2 adults and 2 teenagers) decided they thought it would be fair to take up half of the row by laying down a blanket over the seating to cover enough space for 8-9 others to sit. people would try to sit there and the group of 4 would give people dirty looks and say "cant you see these are taken" or "no you cant sit here these are reserved". I was sitting in the row behind them and kept debating to say something to these people but my wife forced me to put my foot in my mouth. The theater was packed and come show time no one was sitting in these seats they had "reserved" I even seen them turn down an elderly couple that had to of been in their 70's! finally about 2 mins after show time they had 2 more people sitting in their group...1 adult and a teen. Would anyone else have thought this was really rude? Would you have said something to the people? what if you were looking for a place to sit...would you have say there anyway? (I would have!). Just curious what everyone else would have done in this situation.

I too would have tried to say something but i have a wife that also would of stopped me :( yes thats very rude

I have a different scenario than most guys here.

DW and I would just sit right down , screw them and their blanket .

But its a pretty good bet I would be the one pulling DW off one of these selfish A holes if they got snotty about it.

Women get away with that stuff way more than men.

yes... very rude... and I think the best course of action in this situation is to contact one of the staff and make them aware of the issue, instead of confronting the rude pax directly.. clearly, they are not interested in what anyone else thinks or needs (turning away an elderly couple??? jeez... that's just more than rude, I'd say that's downright MEAN!).

I think this is the best course of action, too. I don't like to sit where I'm not wanted, but I certainly will sit there if I have a right, too, and would call crew again if they got abusive.

How about having to tell your cruise buddy you won't save seats for them b/c its against the rules.

My last cruise friend in Jan. was a Platinum (almost Diamond) cruiser and she wanted to go back to the room and change shoes and said to me after dinner, "You go ahead, save me a seat."

I looked at her and said, "You're not allowed to save seats."

She said, "I'm Platinum, its okay."

Haha, I went and found a decent seat and I had room for her next to me, but if anyone had asked to sit down.........(which they didn't) I would not have argued with them.

Some tablemates asked us to save them seats one time too. Me and another tablemate were CC members and we both said at the same time, "You can't save seats." lol.

so on our last cruise on the Valor on the final night of the cruise they have the Legends show. In the 4th row dead center a group of 4 people (2 adults and 2 teenagers) decided they thought it would be fair to take up half of the row by laying down a blanket over the seating to cover enough space for 8-9 others to sit. people would try to sit there and the group of 4 would give people dirty looks and say "cant you see these are taken" or "no you cant sit here these are reserved". I was sitting in the row behind them and kept debating to say something to these people but my wife forced me to put my foot in my mouth. The theater was packed and come show time no one was sitting in these seats they had "reserved" I even seen them turn down an elderly couple that had to of been in their 70's! finally about 2 mins after show time they had 2 more people sitting in their group...1 adult and a teen. Would anyone else have thought this was really rude? Would you have said something to the people? what if you were looking for a place to sit...would you have say there anyway? (I would have!). Just curious what everyone else would have done in this situation.

They actually took the time to drag a blanket down from their cabin for this?? Wow...and yes rude. I spend my cruise thinking of ways to have fun...not dragging a blanket around so I can save seats.

Oh I couldnt agree more. And I wouldnt have had any issue confronting these idiots...my job involves confronting people every day lol. My wife on the other hand was getting upset at me that I was about to get up and say something to these people. She felt like I was going to cause a scene and embarrass her or something lol

it's never embarassing to do the right thing. Honestly, I would be embarassed to not have taken a stand for those elderly people :(

On this one issue, I can't help by love how Disney handles it -- in parks especially... you are *required* (and will be made to, by a friendly, smiling cast member) move all the way to the left when entering a row of seats... no stopping to get the "prime" middle of a row.. and they make sure ALL the seats are taken, no ifs, ands or buts.. snooze and you STAND (or miss out all together)... if only all large auditoriums/theaters were so efficient! :)

Disney does do a really good job with this. "Please move ALL the way to the end of the rows and fill in ALL available seating." Over and over and over.... and the CMs will move closer and closer to the people not moving until they get the message.

Disney does do a really good job with this. "Please move ALL the way to the end of the rows and fill in ALL available seating." Over and over and over.... and the CMs will move closer and closer to the people not moving until they get the message.

Ahhha. :) This is the rule at our church on Easter and Christmas. Seems to work, and you always make a new friend in the "cozier" arrangements! LOL

so on our last cruise on the Valor on the final night of the cruise they have the Legends show. In the 4th row dead center a group of 4 people (2 adults and 2 teenagers) decided they thought it would be fair to take up half of the row by laying down a blanket over the seating to cover enough space for 8-9 others to sit. people would try to sit there and the group of 4 would give people dirty looks and say "cant you see these are taken" or "no you cant sit here these are reserved". I was sitting in the row behind them and kept debating to say something to these people but my wife forced me to put my foot in my mouth.

LOL. If your wife didn't let you say anything, then you never had the opportunity to put your foot in your mouth. :o

I would have let you go for it!

as a family of 6, we are all too well aware of the problems getting seats together..but guess what? we always manage somehow....and the way we do it is to get to the show early...and all together...simple...and correct!!!

That is the best and most logical way to get seats together. Might be the reason many never think to do it. Logic eludes too many people sometimes. :(

It was very rude of those people to act like they did. Very tacky to take a blanket with them to save seats.

If I encounter anything like this on my cruise, too bad, so sad for the seat savers because my big butt will be sitting in one of the seats they were saving.

Then when they start giving me dirty looks, I will be taking pictures of them to post online :)

It was very rude of those people to act like they did. Very tacky to take a blanket with them to save seats.

If I encounter anything like this on my cruise, too bad, so sad for the seat savers because my big butt will be sitting in one of the seats they were saving.

Then when they start giving me dirty looks, I will be taking pictures of them to post online :)

Pictures! I like the way you think, LOL!

Pictures! I like the way you think, LOL!

Thanks. When they say something about me taking pictures, I will tell them that I work for Newsweek and am writing an article called "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Cruising" and I will thank them for giving me the "Ugly" part of cruising :D

I would have just sat down and then politely reminded them, you can't save seats.

Archived