Fort Lauderdale hotel walking distance to port

Wayfairers

I doubt you'll find any hotels that will let you park that long for free. I would call park and fly or park and go about long term rates. The airport long term rates are $7.50 per day. The Renaissance is the closest hotel to the port gates at the north end. It's an easy walk to the Princess terminal, but the rest of the terminals are a healthy walk. Any of the hotels along 17th St (Hilton Marina, Hyatt Place North, Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn, Hyatt Pier 66, and a couple others) are a cheap cab ride to any of the terminals.

I don't think that any of the hotels right by the port would let you leave your car that long for free. You might check with Sleep Inn, Cambria, Hampton Inns, and Homewood Suites to see if they will do this and shuttle you to the port for free. They are just a few miles from the port. If not, it might be cheaper to fly.

Thanks for the info. I really prefer not to fly because I prefer the relaxation of driving - plus it only takes us 2 days to get to Fort Lauderdale and there are hikes we like to do along the way.

If I can't find a hotel I will either pay for parking or leave my car with a relative in the area and have them drop us off at a hotel with shuttle service the night before we leave.

You might be better off renting a car to Fla. than paying for parking for that length of time. Often hotels will offer up to 14 days. But then charge after that. You'd have to work the numbers. Or like you said, leave the car at that relative's house.

No, you wouldn't want to walk to the pier. :eek:

Archived