Oasis - Any Insider Info?

We will be sailing on The Oasis of the Seas in October and I was wondering if anyone has any little insider info or tips for us? On our last cruise they had an auction for some things like a spa treatment and a shore excursion, things like that, but at the end of the auction the cruise director gave all of the things FREE to all of the high bidders. Is there anything like that we should watch for on this cruise? Anything else we should not miss?

I was on the Oasis last week and I didn't notice any free stuff giveaways like you mentioned. However, they have different stuff on board for sale. One night, they had costume rings for sale which my daughters didn't go, but I went. When they wanted to see the rings, customer service told us they will not have that sale anymore, so if you see anything you like form one of these special sale, just get it. They also have a Coach store on board, and on the last day of the cruise, it will have a special sale. Be aware that not everything is on sale and the discount is approx. $40 to $50 from the orig price.

There are also a few public balconies overlooking the aquatheater that not a lot of people know. They are on deck 11 and 12 aft. All you have to do is walk past all the staterooms towards the back of the ship, there you will see a door that says guests no allowed, but if look slightly to the left or right depending on whether you are on starboard side or port side, you will see a glass door. just go through the glass door and you be in the balcony. Smoking is allowed there. For our sailing, the starboard side had less people than the port side.

When it comes to food, don't miss the roast beef sandwich in Park cafe (deck 8). If you are eating in the dining room, make sure you don't order the Beef stroganoff, it was awful! Other than that dish, everything was very good.

We did ice skating and zipline. If you want to do ice skating, make sure you bring along socks and long pants. For zipline, you need to have socks and closed toes shoes that can cover the entire top of your feet. I had closed toes shoes, but they were like sneak shoes type and didn't cover the entire top of my feet. They told me I couldn't wear them and gave me a pair of loaner shoes instead.

I think that's about it. Hope it helps and enjoy your cruise.

The parade is awesome, so get a seat or spot early. We too enjoyed the aqua show from the open decks on deck 11 and 12. We just found them and had the balcony area to ourselves. The rising tide bar , yes get on that and enjoy the show. Through out the ship there are tall bronze like pillars that if you look into them they have really neat art/glass work. They are like binoculars. I cannot for the life of me remember what they call them, but they are neat. They stand about 4 feet tall and are strategically located throughout the ship.

Enjoy the beef sandwiches at the Park Cafe and go to Johnny Rockets for breakfast. Awesome.

Oasis has both a Coach and a Guess shop. The Guess shop carries a larger assortment of merchandise than the Coach shop. The Guess shop is on the Prominade and the Coach shop is in a corner of Central Park.

Unlike Allure, Oasis does not have the highly popular hot dog stand. I have heard rumors that Oasis will get that feature sometime soon.

I just love the Jazz Club at night, but honestly, I notice many folks come in, take a look, listen to about ten bars of the music and leave. I also notice it tends to be pretty much the same folks who spend time at the Jazz Club every night. There is no smoking. The upholstered chairs and sofas are very comfortable.

We really enjoyed lunch at the Solarium restaurant. This is free. The food is "healthy" and "light" if that is what you are seeking.

As you enter the Board Walk area, the sides have a fun collection of mirrors that make you look fat, skinny, upside down and curvy. They are really fun, but I see so many people blow right past and never look right or left.

The carousel is free and lots of fun. If you don't want to ride a horse or zebra or whatever, there is a decorative bench you can sit on and still have the fun.

Take time to enjoy the ship's art and sculpture. Also take time to enjoy the landscaping in Central Park. Birds chirp there too.

I get a big kick out of the Wave Bar that goes up and down. The view is great. Some family I traveled with the last time I was on Oasis didn't even want to get on the Wave Bar. Each to his own.

Try to get to the Comedy SHow early even if you have reservations. Some seats are behind columns and you cannot see the comedians. Also, you may not want to sit too close to the stage unless you want to be part of the show. So to get a seat you want, get there early so you have a choice.

I hope you enjoy Oasis as much as I do.

Archived