Free Shuttle Availability List

hoffdahl

Like most other future Oceania cruisers I like to be able to plan ahead for each upcoming stop and find it very frustrating not knowing whether there will be a free shuttle and to what part of a town the shuttle will be taking us.

I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a permanent location on this message board where returned cruisers could let us know what had been available for their cruise?

Lyn - I am afraid I have terrible computer skills. How do I contact Admin to ask them to implement this? Do I contact LauraS? Thanks

Jo - Brugges is one of the stops we will have next year. How was your experience taking the train?

I just had to do that in order to get two threads merged so it maybe it is the same technique.

Click on the red splotch on the right hand side of the first post in the thread. A window will open that will allow you to write to the administrators.

If you need to refer to a threat (as in my example of wanting two threads merged) you should indicate the thread numbers, but I don't see how your question would need that info.

Hope it works for you!

Mura

Like most other future Oceania cruisers I like to be able to plan ahead for each upcoming stop and find it very frustrating not knowing whether there will be a free shuttle and to what part of a town the shuttle will be taking us.

I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a permanent location on this message board where returned cruisers could let us know what had been available for their cruise?

I agree. Add my vote to a shuttle list either on cc or the Oceania website.

Lyn - I am afraid I have terrible computer skills. How do I contact Admin to ask them to implement this? Do I contact LauraS? Thanks

Yes you can email Laura

There is a CONTACT US at the bottom of the page it will give you the correct email to use

lyn

Jo - Brugges is one of the stops we will have next year. How was your experience taking the train?

We had already hired a taxi for 8 of us (90E round trip excluding tip)...but those who took the train indicated no issues.

The taxi picked us up on time, dropped us at the selected spot and picked us up at the appointed hour.

From what I could see after we arrived in Bruges there were plenty of Taxi's available on the curb.

Receptie - Brugse Taxi Service <receptie@brugsetaxiservice.com>

Unless they have modified the access roadway between the dock and the train, you might want to use Google Earth to see what you face to walk to the train station at Zeebruges. We did it after seeing tha some took this option (my cheapness and sense of adventure conspired to lead me to this choice). It is more than a mile, with no pedestrian sidewalk or separate zone, and with pretty fast industrial traffic whizzing by. You also want to check the train schedule to avoid too much time waiting for it, etc.

The ride is pretty short once on the train, and the town is very walkable with a map, so once there we had a great time (beer steamed mussels and bread...). If I had it to do over, I'd find partners and use the taxi, though. If you do take the train in, there are plenty of taxis in town and near the train station...

Our info about Bruges is very old -- we were there on a Renaissance cruise in May 2001. We had been told by Destinations that cabs didn't exist, that the only way into town was by ship's tour.

That wasn't true ... there were plenty of cabs waiting by the dock. Yes, you had to walk a little way as I recall, but you did NOT have to walk to the train station.

But that was then and now is now. (And yes, we believed them and took the ship's tour.)

Mura

P.S. When we were in Dublin on Oceania in June 2006 the ship told us there wouldn't be cabs, we should take the shuttle. But we didn't because the shuttle was expensive and very much limited your time. Even the "full day" shuttle would have limited our time in town by about 2 hours. So we took our chances on a cab.

There were plenty ... We had to wait maybe 10 minutes because there was a line, but we were able to share a cab which reduced the price. Coming back we just hailed a cab and it was fine.

We are on the October Nautica Pearls of the Riveria. Are the free shuttles mentioned provided by the port or the cruise ship? I hate to spend $125 pp and listen to a guide when all we want to do is stroll around.

I posted again yesterday on this subject after contacting Laura. (She wrote that she will start a sticky from that thread.) On that second posting I listed the free shuttles that were available for Pearls of the Riviera on Marina - I believe they were run by the port city themselves. If you want any more details I will try to answer any questions about that cruise.

I posted again yesterday on this subject after contacting Laura. (She wrote that she will start a sticky from that thread.) On that second posting I listed the free shuttles that were available for Pearls of the Riviera on Marina - I believe they were run by the port city themselves. If you want any more details I will try to answer any questions about that cruise.

There is another thread "free shuttles" that has some useful information. Perhaps the two could be combined?

I'd like to know about shuttles for the Insignea Oct 29

The shuttles were announced daily in The Currents onboard...my assumption was that they were provided by the port city. They were definitely free. It would also be my assumption that if on the preceding cruises for your trip, shutles were provided they would most likely be available for your cruise a year later. At each port someone from the city was onboard with maps and information.One small thing is that we did not use the shuttle in at Copenhagen but wanted to ride it back from the city...we did not know where to catch the shuttle and that caused a minor glitch but in the end we found the shuttle.

Archived