Looking for information on getting from rome to cruise terminal

jdmcnaul

You can take a train from Termini station in Rome direct to Civitavecchia. The train station is about a 4-block walk(flat, smooth surface) street to the entry gate for the cruise port. A shuttle bus runs from the cruise port entry directly to your ship. I've done this several times with wheeled luggage. It's not a bad trip, but you have to be willing to drag your luggage around with you. I believe the train costs around 8 euro one-way. .... You can find explicit details at the "about dot com" web site. Just search for "rome cruise port" and follow the links that come up. It's an easy trip and much cheaper than taking a private transport.

You can take a train from Termini station in Rome direct to Civitavecchia.

The OP was asking about going from the airport to Civitavecchia, going to Termini is out of the way.

By train you take the local train (FR1) from the airport to either Rome Trastevere, where you change to the local train to Civitavecchia (FR5), or to Rome Ostiense to change to an express IC train.

See map here: http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=4

Termini isn't too far out of the way, depending on where you are staying, or if you are going straight from the Airport. It is my understanding that the train from the Airport to Rome goes to Termini. I've done the Port to Rome train to Termini and I have two pieces of advice:

1. If you have luggage make sure you are there super early as it can get very crowded during peak hour and only some carriages on our train had aircon. All in all it was a special, bonding experience with some locals on the train packed with Cruise passengers.

2. If you go to Termini from your Hotel or elsewhere and are walking in and out of the station be warned there are many pickpockets and scary looking young gentlemen. However, if you are aware, look at them directly in the eye and keep all luggage (incl handbags) close to you/ walk quickly through the Termini you will be fine.

We found the train didn't take that long and the walk from the Port's station to the Port was less than 10 mins. Again, if you follow the long line of people you will be sure to find your way.

Good Luck!

Termini isn't too far out of the way' date=' depending on where you are staying, or if you are going straight from the Airport. It is my understanding that the train from the Airport to Rome goes to Termini. I've done the Port to Rome train to Termini and I have two

Good Luck![/quote']

The OP wants to go from the airport to the cruise terminal, not to Rome. So, going to Termini while wanting to get to Civitiveccia is way out of the way. Why go to Rome when you just want to get to the cruise terminal?

The easiest is to take the cruise line's transfer. The least expensive is probably the train, but you have to carry your own luggage with no help.

Termini isn't too far out of the way' date=' depending on where you are staying, [u']or if you are going straight from the Airport[/u]. It is my understanding that the train from the Airport to Rome goes to Termini.

In almost every case, going through Termini when going from the airport to the cruise port adds time and in EVERY case it adds more cost. More expensive and slower, that doesn't sound like good advice to me.

There is only one routing that comes close in time - the Leonardo Express to Termini followed by the ES City to Civitavecchia. This route is actually faster - an entire 2 minutes faster! It's also 15,10 Euro more expensive, so each of those two minutes will cost Euro 7,55.

Archived