Canada cruise question

I'm looking at 2 cruises to Canada. Both depart from Boston and both are 7 days in length. One is HA Maasdam stopping at Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney NS, Charlottetown PE, through St. Lawrence Seaway, Quebec City and ending in Montreal.

The other is the Carnival Glory stopping in Portland ME, Saint John NB, HalifaxNS, Sydney NS, and back to Boston.

The Carnival is about half the price of the HA cruise, and would not require a flight back to Boston. My question is would the Carnival cruise be enough to get a good feel of Canada or would it be worth the extra expense to go with the HA?

We do Maasdam's Boston to Montreal to Boston itinerary every summer, year after year, as we really love it.

IMO, to miss Quebec City and Montreal is to miss A LOT. They are fabulous ports as is Charlottetown, PEI. Sydney and St. John are fine but nothing near like Quebec City, Charlottetown and Montreal.

By doing the b-to-b, we eliminate the need to fly.

I'm looking at 2 cruises to Canada. Both depart from Boston and both are 7 days in length. One is HA Maasdam stopping at Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney NS, Charlottetown PE, through St. Lawrence Seaway, Quebec City and ending in Montreal.

The other is the Carnival Glory stopping in Portland ME, Saint John NB, HalifaxNS, Sydney NS, and back to Boston.

The Carnival is about half the price of the HA cruise, and would not require a flight back to Boston. My question is would the Carnival cruise be enough to get a good feel of Canada or would it be worth the extra expense to go with the HA?

Saint John, Halifax and Sydney are not enough to 'get a good feel of Canada'. Montreal and Quebec City are wonderful and the St. Lawrence river is gorgeous. The seaway starts in Montreal so you would be in the river not the seaway.

The Maasdam seems like a cruise I would like to take. My father's family emigrated to Cap Sante, Quebec from France and then to Minneapolis, Minnesota. There is still at least one family that I know of who live in Cap Sante and I would love to meet them. So, rather than driving or flying, a cruise would be great.

Maybe I'm a bit partial ;) but I agree with the others about that you need to see Quebec City. :)

If I had the time, I would have try to do this cruise as Gaspésie is really beautiful as well as La Baie and I find the price correct:

Ship:Norwegian Dawn

Departs: Boston to Quebec City

Departure Dates: 2012: Sep 21 Oct 5 19

Ports of Call: Boston, Portland, Halifax, Charlottetown, Gaspésie, Quebec, La Baie, Quebec, Quebec City

hth,

Isabelle

Archived