Safety for Female Cruising Alone??

KDC1224

Okay folks- here's another ? for my second cruise- I travelled with my Mama & Sister on Solstice May 2010- my next cruise is solo... keeping in mind that I'm 40+ yrs old and fairly intelligent, have travelled all over the US alone in my 20s and am pretty street smart, I'm not too worried, but Mama & Husband are concerned-- anyone have feedback on whether it's truly safe to cruise alone or not? Obviously, I'll find someone(s) to go into Port with, but I've never had a problem making friends, so I'm not too worried about that either... appreciate your input!! Have a great day~ KDC

KDC- I am sure you are safe cruising solo- okay I am male anf cruised " solo" about 10 or 11 times- and I always loved it. It´s nice to cruise with my partner but a little time for myself- I always enjoyed it. We are the same age- that´s why I answered. If sailing "solo" I always found great friend either with cruise critic and their great Roll Calls or at the dinner table... !

So if you choose your cruise look for a Roll Call or start one- that´s always nice- esp. when cruising " solo" !

Greetings

Michael

Okay folks- here's another ? for my second cruise- I travelled with my Mama & Sister on Solstice May 2010- my next cruise is solo... keeping in mind that I'm 40+ yrs old and fairly intelligent, have travelled all over the US alone in my 20s and am pretty street smart, I'm not too worried, but Mama & Husband are concerned-- anyone have feedback on whether it's truly safe to cruise alone or not? Obviously, I'll find someone(s) to go into Port with, but I've never had a problem making friends, so I'm not too worried about that either... appreciate your input!! Have a great day~ KDC

It's like anything else. Use common sense, be careful who you invite back to your state room and don't allow yourself to be put in a situation where there are not others around you. :) Enjoy your cruise and use your head.

I've traveled solo on cruises and otherwise. I've felt as safe as if I were w/ someone. I really enjoy cruising solo. Everyone seems to want to take you under their wing it seems. You can be as alone as you want or as social as you want. My suggestion would be NOT to go AQ. The vast majority of tables are for 2 so it's kind of awkward eating alone, whereas in the MDR, you can be put at a table w/ others which I prefer. For me, dinner time is especially a social time, so I'd prefer not sitting at a table by myself. Just a suggestion.

Anytime KDC- I am sure you will have a great time.

Good that you mentioned the dinning table- I always ask for a table with at least 6 people- international pax- because it is so interessting to meet people from different countrys- I would never set foot on the decks of a whole german ship. LOL.

Michael

Hi,:) I have been sailing solo for 8 years now. I feel quite safe on the

ship and as others have said, using common sense about things helps

too;)

Overall, I probably feel safer on the ship than if I was to do a land

trip somewhere on my own. The staff and crew are great and usually

most of the other passengers are fun as well:)

I have lived on my own for most of my adult life and cruising solo

(for me anyway) is a piece of cake:D I love it and will be cruising again

2 weeks from Sunday. Actually this particular cruise there are about 4

of us sailing solo and are chatting on the roll call. That is nice as well

but being very independent I have fun whether there are other solos

on board or not.

Hope you have a wonderful time:)

KDC....I am a female in my early 50's. I have traveled ALONE to Hong Kong, Italy, France, Mexico and the Caribbean. Although I felt safe in all those places, I definitely felt the safest on the six or seven cruises I have taken on my own. Granted I AM a loner so that probably helped some. The first couple of cruises I took (Princess and Celebrity) I chose late seating at a large table and luckily had great table mates. I joined one couple for a day on the beach in Antigua. My later cruises (Holland America, RCI and Celebrity) I stayed to myself much more, a lot of room service and buffets.

I ALWAYS book a balcony and love to read so I spend A LOT of my time out there.

So....GO.....GO....GO!! And you can meet people to do things with when YOU WANT and spend some quality solo time when YOU WANT.

Go and HAVE FUN

You people rock- really!! I'm feeling much better about going solo, although I really didn't have many fears at all in the first place- speaking with Celebrity they reassured me that not only are there security and other staff around all the time, but there are "undercover" security staffers around too- I've got a table for 2 in the late seating MDR so I can thoroughly enjoy my food since I'm a private chef- the meals are a biggie for me and I don't want to have to "entertain" or interract unless I want to- as for bringing someone back to my stateroom?? Just not a good idea for me- I'm a smoker too, so on our last cruise, I made lots of friends in the smoking corners, lol!! Thanks again for all of your input- and ps: BigTexas, I'd cruise with you anytime!!

Archived