GO GREEN Warning!

welshgirl001

If you wish to receive your tour brochure for an upcoming booked cruise

DO NOT:eek: click on GO GREEN, even out of curiosity as it cannot be reversed and you will be forced to look at the list of tours online or print it out:(

Be carefull also of recent emails with a GO GREEN icon too, this does give a second warning but i had a close call!

I LIKE my hard copy brochure:)

Technology is great but nothing beats the pleasure of perusing through a nice glossy brochure over and over again, for me anyway

DO NOT:eek: click on GO GREEN, even out of curiosity as it cannot be reversed and you will be forced to look at the list of tours online or print it out:(

Be carefull also of recent emails with a GO GREEN icon too, this does give a second warning but i had a close call!

Technology is great but nothing beats the pleasure of perusing through a nice glossy brochure over and over again, for me anyway

Good advice. I too fell inadvertently into that trap a couple of cruises back. The whole "GO GREEN" schtick is nothing but gobbledygook designed to lure the people into saving Cunard money on paper brochures.

J

I don't mind the lack of glossy brochure, but am not happy about having to print my own luggage labels!

Well, the standard luggage labels are now distributed on a tear-off sheet that is included as the final page of the brochure. So the answer is to ignore the "Go Green" button and you will get your luggage labels ok.

J

I made that mistake last year,phoned Cunard and explained that I wanted a hard copy and they were only to happy to reverse it....going green is all well and good, I'll believe it when I see the whole fleet sailing on chip fat, some how I don't think that's going to happen any time soon...:eek:

I made that mistake last year,phoned Cunard and explained that I wanted a hard copy and they were only to happy to reverse it....going green is all well and good, I'll believe it when I see the whole fleet sailing on chip fat, some how I don't think that's going to happen any time soon...:eek:

Possibly on sailings from Greenock! :D

J

Depends how hungry Jimmy gets.

Gari

I agree! We booked back in March for October on QE on a fully paid fare there and then. Fares of course have now dropped - sods law!!

I DIDN'T press it, yet this last week - 50 days to departure - was told by my TA that I had no option but to get the information on line when I called to enquire if they came direct from Cunard or from the TA. I pursued it further and Cunard eventually relented saying they would send it and the luggage labels in due course as when I booked this system was not in place................ interesting!!!!

I wait in eager anticipation, 7-10 they said.....

The following information is now on the news section of the FAQ page:

Cunard Line Introduces Go Green.

Cunard guests now have the option to 'Go Green' and opt-out of receiving the pre-voyage information booklet in the UK and US regions.

This initiative allows more environmentally conscious guests to view their pre-voyage information online rather than receive a printed booklet. An additional benefit is that the online version will be available from 12 weeks before departure date whereby the printed copy is generally received 6 weeks before.

Guests will be able to choose to 'Go Green' on Voyage Personaliser. When they log on, the below icon will appear in the menu which will take the user to the new Go Green page.

The same page can be accessed via the 'View Your Holiday Information Online' button. The user will be taken through the process of the 'Go Green' scheme with a clear description of the benefits

Guests who have opted to 'Go Green' are not able to reverse their decision

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/latest_news/go_green

I've just booked a surprise cruise for my family and managed to keep it a surprise for less than 48 hours as my husband got a GO GREEN e-mail.

Really very annoyed as that is the second time they have spoilt surprise trips that I have booked and that is despite me stressing to my TA that nothing should go to any e-mail other than mine :mad:

If you untick the box for emails in the Contact Preferences on your husband's WC member profile on the Cunard website it will stop him getting emails, although he'll still get an email when his e-ticket is ready to print.

Archived