Sun - ice machines?

sfBRAD

Does anyone know if the Sun has self service ice machines (if so where are they?), or do you have to request ice via your steward?

If you have to request, any tips on keeping a lot on hand? Am thinking of bringing my own metal ice bucket!

Thanks!

I can't remember ever seeing an ice machine on any NCL ship. I believe it's a sanitation/germ spreading issue. However, you can request that your room attendant to provide you with extra ice. They have it in a cooler they bring on their rounds. Or you can get it at any of the bars around the ship. If you need extra each day, bring a small collapsible cooler.

Sorry they don't have ice machines. If you leave a note on the first day of your cruise for the room stewart to put ice in your ice bucket twice a day, then you will always have ice. What I do sometimes if I need a lot of ice is bring a small carry on soft ice chest and they fill it for me. I usually keep it in the shower, because once it starts to melt it tends to go through the material of the ice chest. :)

My first cruise I tipped the room steward $5 the first day for extra pillows and to move the beds a part. The next day I asked for extra ice in my bucket o beers and tipped a couple more dollars the rest of the week the bucket was full of ice. I kept buying more beers to keep it full.

Archived