Church Service

tashaw1234

Not really sure but check the message board on the ship (maybe near the pursers desk.) Sometimes they have them if some one is there to lead. Also there is a bible in your cabin so you could possibly "do your own thing" out on your balcony, if you have one. "If two or more are gathered in my name, there I am".

At one time, yes, but they gave free passage to ordained religious people (rabbis, minsiters, priests etc). But that cost money, so it doesn't happen anymore. On very rare occasions, a service will be offered, by someone that might be advertised. Very rare these days.

oh our last cruise we had several family that wanted to have church so we asked if there was a lounge somewhere that we could use and they were able to help us. It all worked out great. I think a couple people walked in saw we were in the middle of something and left.

We always plan to do our own thing when we are on the ship on the Sabbath even if it is in our room. I don't expect them to cater to us but they seem very open to letting you use a lounge or room if something is open when you want to have your church service. I would talk to someone at guest services and I am sure they can help you.

At one time, yes, but they gave free passage to ordained religious people (rabbis, minsiters, priests etc). But that cost money, so it doesn't happen anymore. On very rare occasions, a service will be offered, by someone that might be advertised. Very rare these days.

This is the correct information. I've been to only one service a cruise but it was very inspirational. We enjoyed it very much.

If Miami gives permission a person cruising can conduct a worship service during a cruise. We have actually had this happen on three of our Carnival cruises. Two of these were rather extreme, although they did not actually handle snakes. The one we had that was worthwhile was pretty much a pleasant session with some singing, a few prayers, and a short message. That is exactly what a non-denominational service should be.

Doc

If possible they will provide a room for services or meeting for people of faith BUT they will not put any time or meeting place in the Capers. Seems strange since they announce "Friends of Dorothy" I guess the next thing will be"Friends of Lenny" Last cruise I attended church services and asked the man of the cloth why his services were not in Capers and he stated that it was against Carnival policy to do that. I just saw a hand made sign outside of a romm while walking thru the ship. On Celebrity one time they did put it in their paper but I don't know if they still do.

Archived