Louisbourg, Nova Scotia anything else nearby?

mattR

We will be renting a car to get to Louisbourg in October is there anything else in the area that we should checkout? Anything that would interest a 13 and 8 year old? We are docking in Sydney at 10am and have till supper time.

I hope you are arriving before Oct. 15 as after that Louisbourg is open but the animators and restaurants are not there.

An interesting thing to do would be to go to Glace Bay to the Miners' Museum. Even though I grew up in Nova Scotia and had heard a lot about coal mining, I found this very interesting. You get to see what it is like to ride the 'train' down into the mine and then you get to see what a mine was like. Your guide will be a former coal miner. There is a good restaurant there in the resorted miners' houses.

http://www.minersmuseum.com/mine_tour.htm

However, you may want to spend your entire day at Louisbourg. You really only have a half day.

I hope you are arriving before Oct. 15 as after that Louisbourg is open but the animators and restaurants are not there.

An interesting thing to do would be to go to Glace Bay to the Miners' Museum. Even though I grew up in Nova Scotia and had heard a lot about coal mining, I found this very interesting. You get to see what it is like to ride the 'train' down into the mine and then you get to see what a mine was like. Your guide will be a former coal miner. There is a good restaurant there in the resorted miners' houses.

http://www.minersmuseum.com/mine_tour.htm

However, you may want to spend your entire day at Louisbourg. You really only have a half day.

Yes we will be there on Thanksgiving Day so I guess it will be either crazy busy or dead??? Hope they still have the animators there for that day?

Archived