Diningroom Question

Wildgrits

Wait until you board the ship. Go to the dining room at the time listed in the Fun Times to see what type of table you were assigned. If you don't like it, see if the matre d' will change you to something more your liking.

I have done this several times. I have always gotten what I have requested. You may have to go to your assigned table the first night. Your cabin steward will bring a card to your stateroom with you new assignment the next day.

I think the best thing is to go to the maitre d' soon after you board the ship. There will normally be a short line. If you make your request, they can let you know what your original assigned table is. If you decide to request a change, you will be notified with a note in your cabin. You'll probably be in your assigned table on the first night.

Carnival does not allow you to select the size table. I think years ago they used to. RCL and other cruiselines offer it. (much less if you want a table or booth)

Not a option on the booking form. At best you can request someone put a note on your booking and hope whomever does the seating sees it. .. not a option.

If you board and look for your table and unhappy you can request it changed once onboard.

Surprise this is not about the new menus;)

How close to the cruise should I call with a seating request? There is four of us and we don't want a booth. Would love to sit with others but don't mind either way.

I don't you can call those requests in ahead of time. Best bet is to visit the MDR as soon as you board and request what you want.

As everyone else has noted there is no available method of requesting a table size or location prior to sailing. TAs can add a note to the booking indicating a preference but that's as far as it goes.

Meeting with the Maitre d' is your only real solution. Typically, about 1 or 1:30 PM the Maitre d' will be available at the podium at the front of one of the main dining rooms. Time and place will be indicated in the Fun Times that you'll be able to grab at the Guest Services Desk or pretty much any of the bars upon embarkation.

:)

Is it normal to me at your assigned table the first night? My only other cruise was this past Jan on the Victory and they sent us to the smaller diningroom sort of like the way we were seated for breakfast and tea.

Is it normal to me at your assigned table the first night? My only other cruise was this past Jan on the Victory and they sent us to the smaller diningroom sort of like the way we were seated for breakfast and tea.

Could you rephase this question ..sorry not understanding.

Are you anytime dining?

Yes i will try to repost that last question in English.

WE are late dining. In January we got on the ship pretty late. They sent us to the smaller diningroom for dinner on the first night. The main diningroom was not being used. In the smaller room the tables were long and rectangular, and they sat us with other families that arrived at the same time.

Is it normal to be at your normal assigned seats for dinner the first night or was what we did in January the standard?

As for my original question, I don't care how big our table is, where it is located or anything like that. I have a teen with HFA and one of her things is "sharing" a seat with some one. I don't really have the ability to wait and see if they put us in a booth. That will end badly for us and other cruisers around us.

I didn't use a TA so I was wondering if we can call and request "NO BOOTH" ahead of time. But i have no problem waiting till we are on the boat and talking to the MD. WE usually vacation in Disney World and for request you call a week before hand so I didn't know if it worked the same everywhere.

I just noticed you are on the Legend! She is a great ship. You'll have a wonderful time!.

If you call Carnival, they will tell you there are no dining guarantees. You best bet is to see the Matre d' at the time given in the Fun Times. If you can't find a Fun Times, just ask someone. It is usually about 1:15 p.m. at one of the main dining rooms. There will be an attendant at the door with a dining room map. Just check your room key for your table number and they can tell you if you are at a booth or table. If you don't like what you have been assigned, wait in the line to see the matre d'. You may have to sit at your assigned table the first night, but more than likely, your request to change will be honored by the second evening.

To answer your question about the first night, you will go to your assigned table. There is no open seating if you have traditional dining.

Yes i will try to repost that last question in English.

WE are late dining. In January we got on the ship pretty late. They sent us to the smaller diningroom for dinner on the first night. The main diningroom was not being used. In the smaller room the tables were long and rectangular, and they sat us with other families that arrived at the same time.

Is it normal to be at your normal assigned seats for dinner the first night or was what we did in January the standard?

As for my original question, I don't care how big our table is, where it is located or anything like that. I have a teen with HFA and one of her things is "sharing" a seat with some one. I don't really have the ability to wait and see if they put us in a booth. That will end badly for us and other cruisers around us.

I didn't use a TA so I was wondering if we can call and request "NO BOOTH" ahead of time. But i have no problem waiting till we are on the boat and talking to the MD. WE usually vacation in Disney World and for request you call a week before hand so I didn't know if it worked the same everywhere.

I would contact special needs for your cruise and there is no doubt that they will help you. You can email them or call them at 800-819-3902 ext 70025. They are understanding and I know they will help you. Enjoy your cruise.

I would contact special needs for your cruise and there is no doubt that they will help you. You can email them or call them at 800-819-3902 ext 70025. They are understanding and I know they will help you. Enjoy your cruise.

OMG THANK YOU!!!!! This is the info I was looking for.

dumbwaiterboy That is an awesome name!:D

Archived