Not liking the weather for our cruise!

1) I know a day at sea is better than a day at work

2) it's still early and

3) it's a chance I took going in hurricane season

But....this is a VERY special cruise and the outlook of lots of rain in the western Caribbean and tropical storms is a little gloomy! I know port charges are different depending on port...so a huge if, if we have to change itineraries, do they change the port charges since I think eastern is more expensive? Oh well, I will have an amazing time regardless...and I don't get sick but you better believe the bonine is packed for this trip!!!

Not sure when you are sailing...but at the moment there is no storm activity in the tropic's to worry about...and even when the forecast calls for rain...it's not the all day long..spoil your day kind of rain...you may get a brief shower..usually in the afternoon..and then it's all over...I'm leaving Monday on the Monarch & am sooo ready for some time in the sun!:)

I checked the weather for the Bahamas for next week and it says rain but I dont care I will take rain in the bahamas over a 2 hr meeting in a conference room anyday lol, enjoy your cruise.

Unless there is a tropical storm or depression stalled over the region where your ship is due to sail, a forecast of rain rarely means that it will be raining all day long, day after day. Only if a serious storm does develop and effect your sailing, will they change itineraries, so you are probably overly concerned. Weather is something that none of us can control so it is not anything that we should worry about.

Unless there is a tropical storm or depression stalled over the region where your ship is due to sail, a forecast of rain rarely means that it will be raining all day long, day after day. Only if a serious storm does develop and effect your sailing, will they change itineraries, so you are probably overly concerned. Weather is something that none of us can control so it is not anything that we should worry about.

Im not worried I just checked to see what the weather would be but thanks :)

Not sure when you are sailing...but at the moment there is no storm activity in the tropic's to worry about...and even when the forecast calls for rain...it's not the all day long..spoil your day kind of rain...you may get a brief shower..usually in the afternoon..and then it's all over...I'm leaving Monday on the Monarch & am sooo ready for some time in the sun!:)

You may want to check that out again;)

You must be talking about Tropical Storm Harvey, it got a name just a few minutes ago when it was upgarded from a Tropical Depression to a Tropical Storm.

From what I understand if you change to an Eastern Itenerary instead of Western, you wouldn't pay for the change because you've already paid.

I wouldn't worry about TS Harvey. He should be finished with the rain in Belize and Honduras in the next couple of days (unless it stalls out!). They do not know for sure where the next systems are going yet. I've seen more Eastern models but it is still too soon to know. Try not to stress it and they will redirect/change your itinerary to keep everyone safe.

Hopefully Harvey didnt interfere to much on your trip. He is pretty much done now except to dump some good rains on the Central American region Around 2am Sunday he will be over Southern Mexico and by 2pm sunday he will just be a tropical depression and head out to the Pacific to do whatever he may want to do.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise:)

The tropical depression next in line after Harvey seems possible to develop in to a tropical storm and maybe reaching Miami Wed./Thurs. This from NOAA.

Knowing all of this, we are on MJ from MIA for 4 days beginning this Monday. Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West. Looks like we could be in the middle of this storm.

No worries. This past February, we were around Cape Horn on Mariner with 60 ft. waves and 70mph winds. It was a fun ride. This upcoming storm won't be like anything near that.

Rick and Deirdra

The tropical depression next in line after Harvey seems possible to develop in to a tropical storm and maybe reaching Miami Wed./Thurs. This from NOAA.

Knowing all of this, we are on MJ from MIA for 4 days beginning this Monday. Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West. Looks like we could be in the middle of this storm.

No worries. This past February, we were around Cape Horn on Mariner with 60 ft. waves and 70mph winds. It was a fun ride. This upcoming storm won't be like anything near that.

Rick and Deirdra

Sounds like one exciting trip down there around Cape Horn. Wow

Yeah this depression became Tropical Storm Irene late this afternoon. To be honest in my opinion, following weather since I was a kid, long time ago, lol, the track is going to take this up the eastern side of the Gulf Of Mexico and make landfall in the Big Bend area of NW FLA.

Did a jump in a north trend over the last 12 hours. Hurricane Warnings up for PR and Tropical Storm Warnings for the USVI now. Loads of rainfall will be impacting the area. The eye should cross right over St Croix then over the SW corner of PR and then Hispianola and Eastern Cuba into Southern FLA now.

By later today the center of the storm will be just SE of the Southeast corner of PR and by tonight it should be a Hurricane, category 1 just off the SW corner of PR and heading towards Dominican Republic and Haiti.

Winds can be expected up to 73mph in highest gusts, otherwise 55-65 mph wind gust will be expected.

Archived