Oceania's Free Shuttles List

hoffdahl

I meant to add that I saved pages 1 & 2 of the Currents for all the ports on that cruise. I think I added all of the shuttle info to this thread, but if not, I can tell you about Singapore (embark only), Kota Kinabalu, Coron, Puerto Princesa, Manila, Hue, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Sihanoukville, and Bangkok (day in port & morning for disembarking). Plus you have Muara, Brunei. Muara is Brunei's only port, and it only gets a few cruise ships a year. It's about a 45 minute drive from the most interesting city for tourists (Bandar Seri Begawan).  

16 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

In Coron, the shuttle list has a note that says "not sure if walk-off tours possible".  Does it say anything about in the Currents?

Also, the entry for Puerto Princesa just says there's 'no shuttle info'.  Can you provide shuttle/transportation details per the Currents.

Lastly, the Sihanoukville notation is  "Short port shuttle to gate (no walking) & shuttle to Psar Lu market "  Are one or both of those O shuttles?

Thanks so much!!!

31 minutes ago, Travel Lady in CT said:

In Coron, the shuttle list has a note that says "not sure if walk-off tours possible".  Does it say anything about in the Currents?

Also, the entry for Puerto Princesa just says there's 'no shuttle info'.  Can you provide shuttle/transportation details per the Currents.

Lastly, the Sihanoukville notation is  "Short port shuttle to gate (no walking) & shuttle to Psar Lu market "  Are one or both of those O shuttles?

Thanks so much!!!

I'll look this evening! For Puerto P, Phillippines, I'm pretty sure there was no shuttle.  It's a small place. And I assumed the "short port shuttle to gate" in Sihanoukville, Cambodia was NOT an Oceania arranged shuttle.  But I'll let you know what Currents says about all 3 places.  (Coron's in the Phillippines too, small city).

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
  • Thanks 1

Here's what Currents says about these ports in bold & my comments unbolded. We visited all ports Jan. or Feb. 2024 on Riviera

Singapore - scheduled to dock at Singapore Cruise Terminal CC01

There are 2 cruise terminals. Normally largest ships are assigned to terminal in Marina Bay area & Oceania usually assigned to Singapore Cruise Terminal across from Sentosa Island.  (We were embarking, so no shuttle.) 

Muara - Dock at MCVT Cruise Center, Muara

(Shuttle info as on the Currents page I posted. Basically no shuttle to capital city of Bandar Seri Begawan, just a required port shuttle.)

Kota Kinabalu (Borneo, Malaysia)

Dock at Cargo Berth 1-3

Complimentary shuttle buses provided by Oceania Cruises to Wisma Merdeka Mall. There's also a small paragraph that buses are operated first come, first served & may depart earlier if filled to capacity...Service should be considered a supplement to local transportation. Interval between shuttles is approximate (about every hour)....Guests who prefer not to wait may wish to secure a taxi. 

Puerto Princesa (Philippines - Joan, note I mispelled country name in previous post!)

Dock at Port of Princesa

Small place, no real terminal, no mention of shuttle. (My suggestion is to take a ship or privately-arranged excursion here. It's a beautiful place, with lovely people, but not much around where we docked.)

Coron

Dock at Port of Coron

No mention of shuttles. Another small but beautiful place.  Didn't see a terminal. 

Manila

Dock at Berth 15 Manila South Harbour

Complimentary shuttle buses provided by Oceania Cruises to reach Robinson Mall.  

(Has same paragraph about first come, first served, may leave early, etc. as KK.)

Hue (Chan May)

Dock at Chan May Port

Complimentary shuttle buses provided by Oceania to Lang Co Beach Resort

(Joan - O apparently goes to Hue via another city or port besides Chan May.  So I'd make sure the "Chan May" is included on the revised list.)

I'll finish the other 3 ports this evening.

• Thanks 1

Sihanoukville in Feb 2023 there was a provided shuttle from port to beach, then market, then back to port - one big loop. I don't remember if there was a shuttle from ship to shuttle stop, or simply walk-to-shuttle from ship.

• Thanks 1

4 more ports, all Feb. 2024:

Nha Trang

Anchor off Nha Trang Port 

(This was toward very south end of Nha Trang, with the Vinpearl overhead cable car over to Vinpearl Amusement park nearby.  After tendering, had to walk about 5 minutes to a place where private tour guides met passengers. I think O excursion passengers met excursion buses in a big parking lot closer to shore.)

Complimentary shuttle buses provided by Oceania Cruises to reach TTC Hotel available approximately every half hour. 

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) - I don't have the Currents.  Hopefully I wrote something for this thread.  I forget where we docked, but it was slightly unusual, but closer to Saigon than the huge ships go.  There was no walking allowed in port, and taxis could not come in.  But there was a short shuttle ride to the port exit, where people could meet (limited) taxis and drivers.  There was also a shuttle bus from inside the port that went to a location in center city HCMC. It was near the historic Post Office but I forget actual landmark.  You had to make sure you got on the right bus to go downtown or to port exit, as bus to city didn't stop at the port exit.   

Sihanoukville 

Dock at Sihanoukville Port

Complimentary inter-port shuttles provided by Port Authority to port gate. Walking not allowed. Limited taxis at port.

Complimentary shuttle buses provided by Oceania to Psar Lu Market (Ouchetill Beach) run hourly. 

Once out of port, it was easy to find taxis and tuk tuks to take you into the city from the port. And it wasn't far or expensive.

Bangkok

Dock at Sriracha Harbour Deep Seaport, 31/4 Moo 4 Surasak, Sriracha, Chonburi 20110

This is part of Laem Chabang port system, but not the same location as where many ships dock, especially the bigger, mainstream ones.  For Bangkok, almost nobody docks close and the travel to the city is slow.  I'd recommend Oceania excursions, and if you overnight, you may even want to spend the night in BK due to the distance & traffic of the port. Complimentary shuttle buses provided by Port Authority to Port Gate run every 15 minutes. Walking in port prohibited.

Complimentary shuttle buses provided by Oceania to reach Sriracha run every 45 minutes. Currents doesn't specify if the city shuttle bus ran from outside the port or inside.  And Sriracha is not Bangkok. We were there overnight, but shuttles did not run past 5 PM. Next day was embarkation day (no shuttles).

Hope all this makes sense.  Southeast Asia was complicated!

Ruth

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Travel Lady in CT said:

IWantToLiveOverTheSea   I think you're putting as much effort as I am into the port shuttles.  Thank you!!!  Info from the currents is great and I hope more people post that, even if it's a photo.

Thank you, I appreciate that.  But that's just the way I am.  I guess I'm a frustrated travel advisor or something.  But no, I think you've put in more effort than I have.  Thank YOU!

• Like 1