San Juan transportation to pier

sherlynn

For our upcoming cruise on Adventure, should I pay for transfers through the cruise line, $42 per person, or should we just take a taxi from the airport to the pier......and about how much would that cost us?

Thanks,

For our upcoming cruise on Adventure, should I pay for transfers through the cruise line, $42 per person, or should we just take a taxi from the airport to the pier......and about how much would that cost us?

Thanks,

Grab a cab!!!! They are readily available at the airport. It is a set amount - either $18 or $20 per cab and if I remember right, an additional $1 per bag. We have flown into SJU many, many times and have never done the transfers. Just get your bags, walk outside and you will see the taxi stands. Very, very easy and way faster than waiting for the transfer buses.

Grab a cab!!!! They are readily available at the airport. It is a set amount - either $18 or $20 per cab and if I remember right, an additional $1 per bag. We have flown into SJU many, many times and have never done the transfers. Just get your bags, walk outside and you will see the taxi stands. Very, very easy and way faster than waiting for the transfer buses.

Thanks.....that is just what we will do then!! Always reassuring to hear from someone else who has "been there, done that"!!! ;)

Another disadvantage of the cruise transfer is that usually you sit on the bus and wait until it fills up with passengers coming in on other flights. The last time I used a RC transfer our flight arrived at 11am and we didn't actually leave the airport to go to the ship until 2pm.

Another disadvantage of the cruise transfer is that usually you sit on the bus and wait until it fills up with passengers coming in on other flights. The last time I used a RC transfer our flight arrived at 11am and we didn't actually leave the airport to go to the ship until 2pm.

Exactly!! That is why it is way better to grab a cab. Lot lesss expensive and you will get there in about 20 minutes or so.

Would back what the other posters have said, we were there in January and got a taxi from the airport to the Hilton where we stayed overnight, a taxi to the port the next day and a taxi from the port to the airport on the way home. Taxi from the port to the airport cost us €20 - kinda funny walking past the buses towards the taxis and seeing all the people waiting for buses to fill up, sweltering in the heat and paying twice the of a taxi (per person) for the privelage!

I took the bus the first time I cruised from SJ. I have cruised from there several times since. I will NEVER take cruise line transportation again. It is a huge rip-off IMO. It takes longer to get to the ship, waiting for the other passengers. You get dumped off with a huge crowd and wait in line with them. And it is much more $$!

Save your money and take a cab! It couldn't be any easier!

Archived