What is the real intent?

doliver

My favorite complaint occurred on the first cruise I took. There was a loud group of people sitting near us at a lounge. They were complaining at how hard the staff were working to "earn those tips". I was so upset I thought to myself that I should write to the cruise line stating that they should refund me my cruise fare. How dare they have such excellent service that it would cause my fellow passengers to complain that it was so the staff could "earn those tips". Perhaps they would have been happier (and quieter) if the staff had refused to serve them at all. That way they could feel good about withholding "those tips".

Thank you for the humor here.................after reading a post of someone complaining and a reply of someone complaining AGAIN about their cruise from two months ago I just had to stop back here and let some of that "negative energy" losse.

Catmand, you have to look at complaints from a different perspective. I never knew Hometown Buffet was so good, and now I look forward to visiting one to enjoy that delicious food I have grown fond of on our many cruises!

My favorite complaint: During the inevitable line-up at the purser's desk on disembarkation day, a lady and her 8 YO son were in front of me. When they got to the front of the line, the lady literally started screaming at the poor Junior Assistant Purser that there was no way in hell she intended to pay the arcade charges on her son's cruise card. She hadn't even explained the problem yet; she just starting chewing on the poor guy's backside. When he said he couldn't do anything, she demanded to see a supervisor. Her face was white, and veins were popping out of her temples.

She reasoned that since she told her son not to play the games, and he said that he didn't play the games while he was in the care of the childrens' pogram, and that the charges had been made while he was under their supervision and out of her sight, that the supervisors should pay the charges. The poor kid was white as a sheet. Mom continued to scream that "someone" must have used his card without him knowing it and then put it back, because her child would never, ever lie about anything and always did exactly as he was told.

At about the moment I thought her head would explode, she said the Princess would be hearing from her lawyer, and promised to NEVER EVER SAIL PRINCESS AGAIN. Those standing in line all cheered at the news. I don't think that improved her mood.

I also heard one lady complain that she shouldn't have to be for some spa services because she, "Wasn't relaxed as much as she should be after spending all that money." :confused:

You should read the ones that only Cruise with Princess and then go on 1 Carnival cruise and the **** hits the fan, talk about the peas are not as crispy as on Princess. LOL
My favorite is the trio who ate lunch with us on the Golden Princess. Nothing was as good for them as it had been on Carnival. The matzoh balls in the soup were too small. And the spicy ribs were spicy.

I have cruised on Carnival and Holland America, as well as Princess. I realize that opinions are just one person's perceptions, but how in haides can someone suggest that food or service on Carnival is better than Princess? Holland America isn't bad....you can always get a seat because I can get around faster than those on walkers. Plus, air quality was good because of all the oxygen leaking from the oxygen tanks. OK...I'm just kidding. I just hope all the complainers book on other lines leaving some bargains on Princess.

Had a good laugh at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel when an older lady was complaining that the two women cleaning the restroom where taking too long. They had really finished they were just running their sqeegy over the floor toward the drain and the lady was speaking loud enough for them to hear "How long does it take to clean a bathroom? Oh coooome on. " The rest of us just stood there looking at each other thinking "is she for real"?

A few years ago RCL sent Legend of the Seas to do the Au/NZ cruise season.

On one the sea days ,crossing the Tasman Sea over to Australia ,the shops on board had a sale day and set up trestle tables to sell their wares.

A gentleman arrived with a T Shirt and said to the girl...

"Excuse me ...I bought this T Shirt while cruising on Sovereign of the Seas last year and have never worn it.

I would like to exchange it for one that says Legend of the Seas so I can wear it on board."

Then followed one of those moments in time

when all who were around fell silent .....

and all eyes focused in disbelief at the counter.........

The poor girl explained that there was no way she could do that..

The Manager was called and said similar.....

Gentleman last seen storming off,

after extreme verbal abuse ,to see the Captain.

Nothing more was heard.

"The lady in front of me had her nose so high in the air I thought is was going to start raining!! She was making them reduce the cabin stewards tip because there was a roll (dinner roll) on her balcony and she purposely left it there for 4 days to see if the cabin steward was going to throw it away!! "

That's known as being passive aggressive.

Archived