Drive time in Kauai

krkheffe

Yet another question for those of you who have been to Kauai....my husband and I would like to do

http://www.adventureinhawaii.com/kauai_zipline.htm

It is the Princeville zip and dip excursion. We will do the 12pm tour. I want to drive up the coast and stop and see Waliu Falls, Opaeka Falls, and possibly the Kilauea Point Lighthouse on the way to Princeville for the zipline adventure.

I have read that it is about a 45-60 minute drive from the airport to Princeville.

If anyone has travelled this raod....is this plan possible? We will obviously get off the boat asap and get the rental car and head out. We do not have to be at the zipline until 12pm. We wouldn't spend a lot of time at each stop...just look around and take some pics probably.

Thanks....if anyone has done this zip and dip excursion, I would love to know what you thought of it. Kind of pricey but does include lunch. We have ziplined a few times and really think it is fun so doing this in Hawaii seemed like a great time.

Kelly

Yet another question for those of you who have been to Kauai....my husband and I would like to do

http://www.adventureinhawaii.com/kauai_zipline.htm

It is the Princeville zip and dip excursion. We will do the 12pm tour. I want to drive up the coast and stop and see Waliu Falls, Opaeka Falls, and possibly the Kilauea Point Lighthouse on the way to Princeville for the zipline adventure.

I have read that it is about a 45-60 minute drive from the airport to Princeville.

If anyone has travelled this raod....is this plan possible? We will obviously get off the boat asap and get the rental car and head out. We do not have to be at the zipline until 12pm. We wouldn't spend a lot of time at each stop...just look around and take some pics probably.

Thanks....if anyone has done this zip and dip excursion, I would love to know what you thought of it. Kind of pricey but does include lunch. We have ziplined a few times and really think it is fun so doing this in Hawaii seemed like a great time.

Kelly

I guess I should have said that we are on the POA in December...maybe someone has travelled this area and knows more about it than me...thanks.

Yes it is very doable. IF any area is of more interest, then just stop back when you return after your zipline. Traffic can be heavy, but I have never been "stopped". It always moved. :) Been there on 4 trips with NCL.

Traffic and crowds can make for slow going. As for actual time budget 60' for the drive from airport.

The stops at the falls you mentioned are single lane roads withs stops with limited parking so plan accordingly.

Wow, should have considered ziplining, was there for a week just a few weeks ago, right in Princeville too, but never got around to that activity with the kids, next time I guess :confused:

Traffic and crowds can make for slow going. As for actual time budget 60' for the drive from airport.

The stops at the falls you mentioned are single lane roads withs stops with limited parking so plan accordingly.

Wow, should have considered ziplining, was there for a week just a few weeks ago, right in Princeville too, but never got around to that activity with the kids, next time I guess :confused:

Thanks for the info....there is so much to do everywhere that it is hard to fit in everything that sounds good. Maybe you can zip next time!

Choosing the ziplining tour really makes it the main attraction as we will not have time to do other major tours because of it. That is why I would like to see some waterfalls etc. on the way or way back to the ship.

I was thinking about doing a Hanalei tour with Roberts the next day and notice that we will be up by it the day we are in Princeville. Too many choices and hard to narrow it down!

Archived