TA, PVP or online booking for ES rates

drosphot

I am wondering what y'all think is the best way to book the Early Saver rate. I have a TA that I have used for group cruises but he has been slow to respond in the past. From what I understand if I book with him, he has to submit ES OBC requests when/if rates drop, correct?

So if booking ES and planning on tracking rate changes is it best to either use a PVP or book on carnival.com? Do you get a PVP assigned if you book on carnival.com? It's been several years since I booked direct so I forgot. :o

I need to book two cabins and use FCC for both, but the second cabin will be an 19, 17 and 15 year old. the cabins i want are 14 doors apart so I suspect I have to book the wife in the other and get them linked and changed so the wife and I are in balcony cabin. I think that fact there tells me just call and get a PVP to make it go smoothly... Thoughts?

Waiting to pull the trigger on booking the Magic next summer! :cool:

I think you answered your own question. Plus you didnt mention booking direct you will be able to see booking details and OBC under billing details. I am glad to be able to submit my own price drops. Would hate to have to wait around to get a TA to do it. Would have to be a substantial discount to use a TA.

If you put in a phone number and ask someone to call you back, at least during the week, a PVP will call you back. If you just call the toll free number, those are CSRs, not PVPs. Still fine, but not your own PVP.

minors booking policy.

assenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

I think you answered your own question. Plus you didnt mention booking direct you will be able to see booking details and OBC under billing details. I am glad to be able to submit my own price drops. Would hate to have to wait around to get a TA to do it. Would have to be a substantial discount to use a TA.

If you put in a phone number and ask someone to call you back, at least during the week, a PVP will call you back. If you just call the toll free number, those are CSRs, not PVPs. Still fine, but not your own PVP.

I've got to say that I recently noticed a $90 drop in one of my upcoming cruises booked with a TA. I emailed her about it in the morning. By mid afternoon I had heard back that she had applied for the price protection and was waiting to hear back. Ended up with $90 OBC!

A good TA should be just as good as a PVP in situations like this...

:)

I used a TA for my 2 cruises last year and a PVP for my cruise this year. I prefer the PVP so I can deal with Carnival directly if she's not around. I don't like the fact that with a TA, Carnival wont talk to you. Plus my PVP has been very helpful in a few situations that I had with my original cruise that ended up chartered.

Thanks for the info, firefly333. I forgot about direct access to OBC and booking details, good point! That has frustrated me win the past...

It's the distance between the cabins that concerns me. To get the balcony and interior for 3 on the Verandah deck the 14 cabins is the closest I can find otherwise we need to book on Empress deck. I would hope a PVP can work around that. We have three FCCs, one each in mine, the wife's and oldest sons name so we plan to use two on this cruise.

based on your circumstances, definitely a PVP. He can assist you set up the cabins the way you want them, and the same person will be there along the way to assist you with your travel plans. You can submit your price drops yourself without having to go through a middle man.

Remember that the agents at the 800-CARNIVAL number are NOT PVP's. You can get a PVP by registering on the Carnival website, or you can call the Carnival PVP line 800-819-3902 during business hours (M-Th 11am to 8pm, and F 9am to 6pm) and request to speak to any PVP.

I've got to say that I recently noticed a $90 drop in one of my upcoming cruises booked with a TA. I emailed her about it in the morning. By mid afternoon I had heard back that she had applied for the price protection and was waiting to hear back. Ended up with $90 OBC!

A good TA should be just as good as a PVP in situations like this...

:)

When I see a price drop its typically 3 am or some off hours, when no one would be in a office to answer.

I like being able to submit the price drop when I see it, not when someone is in their office.

The difference is you dont contact the PVP, you can do it right then and there.

Thanks for the info, firefly333. I forgot about direct access to OBC and booking details, good point! That has frustrated me win the past...

It's the distance between the cabins that concerns me. To get the balcony and interior for 3 on the Verandah deck the 14 cabins is the closest I can find otherwise we need to book on Empress deck. I would hope a PVP can work around that. We have three FCCs, one each in mine, the wife's and oldest sons name so we plan to use two on this cruise.

Another thing too is online sometimes only show a selection of rooms. PVPs have access to all the available rooms so there may be two rooms that are closer that you cant see online. Good Luck!

Another thing too is online sometimes only show a selection of rooms. PVPs have access to all the available rooms so there may be two rooms that are closer that you cant see online. Good Luck!

We like the extended balcony cabin next to the aft wrap and unfortunately on the Verandah deck the plan shows the nearest 3 berth interior is 10 doors away in the midship section and it backs up to an elevator shaft. The next one is three doors further down. Empress deck will work for me which has closer 3 berth interiors, but the wife and her aversion to stairs... :rolleyes:

My other issue is what is the layout of the extended deck cabins on Empress and Verandah? Can't find much online about them yet but one post I found says "lots of room... in the hallway part" and another says "works well to reduce noise from the hall" but there isn't much in the aft corner anyways in my experience.

I've sent a request for a PVP to call me. Can't wait till August, again... :cool:

Thanks, y'all!

Archived