Tropicante

theneals4

Does anybody know what kinda beer Tropicante serves....I know of course they sell Mexican beer. But do the sell anything like Stella??That is one of my favorites and im not sure if they will have it. And i heard they had Victoria Beer, has anybody every tired it and what is like?? I would love to try some. Thanks so much!!

Does anybody know what kinda beer Tropicante serves....I know of course they sell Mexican beer. But do the sell anything like Stella??That is one of my favorites and im not sure if they will have it. And i heard they had Victoria Beer, has anybody every tired it and what is like?? I would love to try some. Thanks so much!!

It'll be Mexican beer. Bohemia is a pilsner more like Stella and would be a better bet than Victoria. Victoria is a lager, probably better than Tecate and certainly better than Corona, but it has a rep as being cheesy ( mostly because it's so cheap in Mexican groceries). If you'd like to try a darker beer, I think Steve carries Leon Negra, which is primarily available in the Yucatan.

Whichever beer you try, just say NO to the lime.:D

Crewsweeper: Your such a big help! LOL! I guess i will have to try out Bohemia then, im always up for trying new things. if i like it might just have to get a bucket and share with the hubby ;) Thanks again for the help!

Grab a Bohemia at Nohoch Kay. If you like continue with it at Tropicante. Or maybe try a Victoria there. Also, see if Steve can let you try a Montejo, assuming it hasn't been sitting around too long. Can get a little skunky. Pilsner but lighter in taste than others.

I'd stay away from the domestic beer in Mexico. Try a good import like Budweiser, Coors, or Bush! :D

Only kidding! I don't drink that yellow water myself.

Whenever I cruise, I love to try the local beer for whatever port I'm in. It's a great taste experience that you can't really get back home.

Prost!

smilie_drink3.gif.34153b4a35f095ce05615e98f043d18a.gif

• 2 months later...

Can you all tell me more about Tropicante? I'll be in Costa Maya for the first time in 30+ days. Is there a cover charge or an all inclusive charge for this location (I do see a menu with good prices)? Is there a beach for my small kids to play at?

Their website didn't say too much about those so I wanted to hear from experienced people.

TIA.

dude hdt: From what I understand, there is no cover at The Tropicante. If you want to hang out at the beach there and want to make sure you get beach chairs, email Steve (his email s/b on the website) in advance/asap and let him know how many chairs you need. I did this and he emailed me back letting me know the chairs were reserved and gave me directions to get there. There's no charge for the chairs and you just order from the menu. Enjoy your cruise... :)

• 1 month later...

We were in Costa Maya the second week of January (Carnival Glory rerouted from Belize). Tropicante on Mahahual beach was excellent. We liked that you could reserve in advance and that the wait staff would handle booking massages, snorkeling, banana boat rides, etc... on your behalf. Steve, the owner, is always present and will spend the day hanging out with you and making certain everything is PERFECT.

I would recommend reserving in advance. The Tropicante is not a huge place and if there is more than one ship in port, you may run the risk of not getting loungers (loungers, chairs, and umbrellas along with beach access are all at zero cost).

The beach area is fabulous and the ceviche was the BEST I have ever tasted. Our tab was $87 and included a few buckets of coronas, a medium size plate of ceviche (probably enough to feed 4 people), 2 hour-long massages, 3-4 rounds of shots (we forget just how many), guacamole, and lord knows what else! I can't bad mouth any of the other places on Mahahual because they share the same expanse of wonderful beach; however, I can say that we were the most reluctant area on the beach to return to the ship. I pity those who stayed in the port area.

If you have any special requests, I would just email Steve. If he doesn't have it, he will certainly refer to you a reputable shop.

All good news. Think I'll email Steve and let him know we are interested in the massages too. Looking forward to all the good food and drink as well. Thanks for posting.

Don't waste your money on the massages. They are done by women who seem to have no training at all. They just rub oil on you for 40 minutes. You do pay for a 1 hour massage though...

Don't waste your money on the massages. They are done by women who seem to have no training at all. They just rub oil on you for 40 minutes. You do pay for a 1 hour massage though...

$25 for an hour!!!!

what were you expecting?

I had one last March, and it was well worth the money.

I highly recommend this wonderful experience, in a natural setting on the beach.

Cris

We sat right next to the massage tables for 6 hours. Didn't look like anyone was upset about what they were receiving for $25.

It's not a spa.

Archived