New Crown Loft stateroom category

I was just checking the Oasis and Allure for next year. It looks like they are adding a new stateroom category for the Crown Loft suites, beginning September 29, 2012. If you try to book on the website, it shows 2 different price levels for the Crown Loft suites.....the suites facing aft are priced LESS and the suites facing the ocean are priced HIGHER. The deck plan even shows 2 different color-coded categories. The aft suites are a different color than the oceanview suites on the deckplan. Incidentally, even though the oceanview suites are more expensive, the website will NOT let me book one right now...it's only allowing the aft/cheaper suites to be booked....interesting.

I was just checking the Oasis and Allure for next year. It looks like they are adding a new stateroom category for the Crown Loft suites, beginning September 29, 2012. If you try to book on the website, it shows 2 different price levels for the Crown Loft suites.....the suites facing aft are priced LESS and the suites facing the ocean are priced HIGHER. The deck plan even shows 2 different color-coded categories. The aft suites are a different color than the oceanview suites on the deckplan. Incidentally, even though the oceanview suites are more expensive, the website will NOT let me book one right now...it's only allowing the aft/cheaper suites to be booked....interesting.

Haven't never stayed in one and probably never will but from what I have seen in reviews would the aft facings ones be subject to more noise/less privacy because of the location as they overlook the sports court and all that?

Perhaps that's the reason for the price difference....

Having stayed in both a side and aft facing CL, I prefer the side facing. It really depends on the time of year that you cruise. Summer, spring break and holidays means more kids and the sports deck is more active.

The best facing aft is #1730. The balcony is really deep and it has a direct view of the Aqua Theater. You still have views of the sea.

I always thought this... I actually was considering the loft cabins, until I saw their location.... facing rear.... above the sports deck. I wouldn't be interested in that. I enjoy my balcony being my little private oasis looking out over the ocean. A place I can have breakfast in my robe, feel a sense of privacy and one with the ocean. I don't want to go out on my balcony and look down on a basketball court.

I just never understood the rationale of putting such a desired room in such a weird location.

I always thought this... I actually was considering the loft cabins, until I saw their location.... facing rear.... above the sports deck. I wouldn't be interested in that. I enjoy my balcony being my little private oasis looking out over the ocean. A place I can have breakfast in my robe, feel a sense of privacy and one with the ocean. I don't want to go out on my balcony and look down on a basketball court.

I just never understood the rationale of putting such a desired room in such a weird location.

Not all of them face rear. Many face the ocean and are private.

Archived