Does luggage stay in your room?

JuliahFlorida

We'll be on the Carnival "Dream" soon and I'm wondering if the room stewards take your empty luggage and have a place to store it, or if it stays in our room? I'm asking because we need to purchase new luggage and if we keep it in the room during the cruise, I'd prefer to buy "nesting" suitcases. We'll be in a cabin that sleeps 4 (though there are only 3 of us). My husband and I are each on a bottom bunk and my son is on a top bunk. I can't remember if there's room under the bottom bed for luggage to be stored. Where do you guys store your empty luggage during your cruise? Thank you in advance for any responses. Love, Julia

Ditto all the above. We usually "nest" ours, and stick it under the bed as well. There is plenty of room there, and in the closet for your luggage.

Have a GREAT cruise. Maybe we'll see you aboard. We'll be doing "Dream" again on Sept. 3rd! :cool:

"SKY"

P.S. Just looked at your date of sailing. How cool is that? Yep, I'll just look for the beautiful lady who stores her luggage under the bed! LOL

Edited by SkyMaster
Additional info!

Some suitcases have a hard time going under the bed, just raise the end of the bed a little and they will slide right under..We store 2 medium suitcases and 2 carry ons under the bed....Dennis

• 2 years later...

Getting ready for our upcoming Cruise on the Breeze and wondering if the hard shell luggage fits under the beds... On our last cruise (Royal Caribbean)our soft side suit cases barely fit without lifting up the beds.

Getting ready for our upcoming Cruise on the Breeze and wondering if the hard shell luggage fits under the beds... On our last cruise (Royal Caribbean)our soft side suit cases barely fit without lifting up the beds.

yep we have a 30 inch and 28 inch hardside and both go under bed no problem. Still have room for more.

Some suitcases have a hard time going under the bed, just raise the end of the bed a little and they will slide right under.....Dennis

True .... If there is a problem, just "lift the bed" ... lots of room once the bed frame is cleared. :)

LuLu

~~~

Only had an issue once with storing luggage under the bed. It was on our last cruise on the Victory. There was a large trundle bed or something like that also stored under the bed and our suitcases would not fit underneath with it without sticking out. We immediately notified our room steward and he said he'd take care of it. Unfortunately, he didn't get the trundle removed until the next day after we made a second request to do so. Once that was gone, luggage fit perfectly. It was a nuisance for the one day though to have our empty luggage just sitting out in the room. With me, my husband and the two kiddos it was a little tight to have the luggage sitting out. Plus I have a slight aversion to clutter which didn't help! Lol

Misty

I've never had a problem fitting my big suitcase under the bed. I usually leave one open to make it easier to put dirty clothes in throughout the week .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also do this, I have very large suitcases and have never had a problem fitting them under the bed even with them closed. If you don't have room to leave it completely open just leave it closed but unzipped and have the handle close to the edge of the bed. Just slide it out a little to put the dirty(dry) clothes in. I bring a few large Ziploc bags to put damp clothes in on the last day.