Lemonade discuss!

Archie4

What arew we talking about here? Clear fizzy liquid tasting vaguely of lemon or cloudy lemony non fizzy liquid great with loads of ice?

The second description is more accurate - it's more an "american" type of lemonade than what you typically get in europe. It's refreshing though.

Yes over here in Northern Ireland we have a couple of types of lemonade , clear and a see-through brown coloured which are both carbonated / fizzy. I think what we have on board we would call lemon squash a diluted lemon drink. All good especially if you can get one with no added sugar!!

In Australia, Lemonade is a colourless fizzy drink. Sprite & 7up are examples of what Australians call "lemonade". In the Windjammer, the lemonade is not fizzy, not clear - cloudy & lemon coloured. I don't mind it.

I could be wrong but I believe in Europe it's kind of like lemon soda. On the ships they serve american lemonade which is made with plain water, not carbonated water.

that sounds yummers. I wanna go to Europe now and get some

The lemonade served on board is more like an old-fashioned lemonade and is not fizzy. The taste varies as to how much they have diluted the syrup - be warned it can be very sour. My mother used to make a similar lemonade when I was young but the lemonade on board is not as nice as that:(. However, it is good to be offered a free beverage and I agree that it is much better than the iced tea:eek:

Try an "Arnold Palmer"....this is half iced tea and half lemonade (the American kind). It cuts down on the overly sweet lemonade and bumps up the blah iced tea. It is called an "Arnold Palmer" because it was a favorite drink of the great golfer and became popular because of the notoriety it gained from his fondness for the drink. Just a little pop culture trivia for ya !!!!;):D

Archived