Wine Packages on Carnival???

kyrisong1

I know I've seen people mention buying wine packages through Bon Voyage Department for their cruise, but I can't find any mention of of when I try to find it on the Carnival website.

Does anyone have information about these packages, or did they do away with the packages?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Cheers, Carole

You purchase the wine packages after you board the ship. We get ours right in the lobby area first thing. There are three packages to choose from each consisting of 5 bottles of wine. We usually get the least expensive one for $105 ish plus gratuity.

they gave us a sheet of coupon-like perforated paper thingies..:D

they had the name/type of the wine printed on them...u tear them off each time and tell them which one you want from the list

I used mine for the Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio :p

If I remember correctly.... on 5 day or less it's the 3 bottle package, 7 days or more, the 5 bottle package. I think....

This was the case on our last few cruises!! We always get the wine package the first night at dinner. :)

Anyone know what the regular price is of the Domaine Chandon (and is it any good as a decent sparkling wine?). We will go through at least a minimum of 3-4 bottles a day of sparkling, so if its any cheaper might be worth buying up a good few of these wine packages for our 14 nights on board? $33 a bottle on this basis, how much is it on the bar/wine list by the bottle? And, can these wine packages be purchased in advance of one's cruise? On Celebrity, we had several packages all bought and paid for prior to cruise (we bought when dollar was weak against the pound), so good to have our bubbly on tap. We dont drink frufru cocktails nor beer, just sparkling wine or champagne and some GOOD martinis at night. So always on the lookout for the best deals on bubbly!

So there is a 3 bottle package for the 3 day cruises? We bought 3 of the 5 bottle wine packages last year on an 8 day cruise and wondered if they had something similar for the shorter cruises...This is such a good source for important information :D

Anyone know what the regular price is of the Domaine Chandon (and is it any good as a decent sparkling wine?). We will go through at least a minimum of 3-4 bottles a day of sparkling, so if its any cheaper might be worth buying up a good few of these wine packages for our 14 nights on board? $33 a bottle on this basis, how much is it on the bar/wine list by the bottle? And, can these wine packages be purchased in advance of one's cruise? On Celebrity, we had several packages all bought and paid for prior to cruise (we bought when dollar was weak against the pound), so good to have our bubbly on tap. We dont drink frufru cocktails nor beer, just sparkling wine or champagne and some GOOD martinis at night. So always on the lookout for the best deals on bubbly!

BV on Carnival Website shows it at $42.50. You can usually find it locally for about $15... of course that's about par for most of these wines in the wine packages (~100% mark-up). I guess that's the price you have to pay when they are the ones hauling a wine store all over the Carribean just for the passengers to have choices. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just carry on a case (or 3-4 for you :p )?

Oh well, since you can only bring on 2 bottles and sounds like those will be gone by sail away... the wine package would be better than ordering from BV, and assuming the BV price is what you'd pay buying by the bottle on board... 8 wine packages please! :D

BV on Carnival Website shows it at $42.50. You can usually find it locally for about $15... of course that's about par for most of these wines in the wine packages (~100% mark-up). I guess that's the price you have to pay when they are the ones hauling a wine store all over the Carribean just for the passengers to have choices. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just carry on a case (or 3-4 for you :p )?

Oh well, since you can only bring on 2 bottles and sounds like those will be gone by sail away... the wine package would be better than ordering from BV, and assuming the BV price is what you'd pay buying by the bottle on board... 8 wine packages please! :D

Resturants typically charge a 2 to 3 time mark up on a bottle of wine from what you could buy in in the store for. they are not that far out of line here, but that doesn't make it suck any less. :)

And if you buy the wine packages before you board then you are paying the taxes on them....if you buy them after the ship has sailed you don't have to pay that.

But the package is cheaper thru BV. So it is close to a break even. If you buy in embarkation port then they might add sales tax. Just like drinks and soda card.

Wine packages it is then :)

yeah, we will use our "two bottle carry on" allowance for two REALLY good bottles of champagne we can pick up duty free en route. Then its downhill all the way lol! Prices of our usual Taittinger on board is just not worth it, Veuve is ok, but again, can pick that up here so cheaply now. But we just prefer to drink some kind of bubbly than some of the sugary cocktails etc on board, white wine blows my head off during the day, find bubbly is easier poolside etc, and actually, its pretty good value for money against buying 4-6 drinks.. DH is not a big beer drinker, we do like a good martini though, save those for the evening:). Dont get chances to drink much at home, but on vacation, its def party time !:D

Oh good question I'd like to know that too!!! Nice chilled bottle of wine in the serenity area sounds heavenly....lol;)

They give you coupons. You can take a coupon to the pool bar and they will get you a bottle from the category you chose. It is very convenient.

Archived