Best Droid Apps for cruise-prep/fun

MentalVacation

I really like TripIt a lot. It's great for organizing your whole vacation, not just the cruise part.

It has all my information for my upcoming cruise...flight info, car rental, directions to hotel, hotel booking, cruise info, and all the same info for the way back.

If you go to their site & create an account you can have it so it syncs with your email address, so anytime you get emailed a change about something it automatically updates on TripIt. Pretty convenient.

I have a question about the shipmate app.

Since it access the internet for updates etc i imagine it will run up alot of roaming charges if you use it while on the ship and in international waters. Am I right about this?

I thought it would cool to use it on board, especially the deck plans to not get lost!

Since it access the internet for updates etc i imagine it will run up alot of roaming charges if you use it while on the ship and in international waters. Am I right about this?

I thought it would cool to use it on board, especially the deck plans to not get lost!

You could disable wi-fi...but that wouldn't solve roaming. Wiuld like to know this too.

Just check for any app updates to it prior to your cruise. Once on board, just put your phone in airplane mode. The app doesn't need internet to function.

There is also a ringtone app called Zedge with thousands of tones. If you search under cruise ship horns there are a few to pick from. I got one listed as foghorn and it sounds just like a cruise ship. Cracks me and people around me up everytime I get a text message.

Archived