Anyone ever request and receive a table for 3?

tink24

I truly don't mind dining with other guests. We have been mostly lucky on all of our sailings, but I can't shake the feeling that our luck is due to run out some day. Has anyone ever requested a table for 3 and actually received one?

I would think they would add a chair onto the table for two or put you ay a booth or other table for four. We had a booth that worked perfect for us once before.

I wouldn't want to try sitting three at those tables menat for two. With all the glasses and silverware, there wouldn't be any more room for the plates.

Carnival doesnt offer the option to pick table size on their booking form.. who are you going to ask .. John?

put notes on the booking and hope someone reads them?

its pot luck. If you are not happy go to see the maitre d when you board.

I have on RCL.

True, its on the RCL booking form.

Its not on Carnival's booking form.

Iv also seen a couple of the maitre d's emails posted on this forum within the last week or so .. you can email them if you can find out their private email.

We also get a table for three, its usually a booth. It maybe because we have a 6 yr old and the maitre'd didn't want to put us with others. (he cruised at 1 1/2, 2, 3, 4 and at 5 years old as well). We now go with the anytime dining and you have a lot more control of seating then, as most of the tables seem to be for two or four. Lastly, check your seating when you get on-board and if you don't like your table, then just go to see the maitre'd (as soon as possible) and request a table change.

Thank you so much for all the replies. I emailed the maitre d directly so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We are travelling with our 5 year old son, so hopefully that helps. We sail on Sunday, so I will post again after my trip to let you all know if it worked out.

I have and gotten it everytime. There are only 3 of us. Just be aware of the tone and way you ask they try really hard to please.

Travel with parents- we ask for a 4 top & say we want to dine alone. No problem-

Speak to Matre D' on Embarkation day or if you have YTD just request one then

Just wanted to give an update. I received a response from the maitre d yesterday and he confirmed that we are all set for a table for 3. We sail tomorrow. Should be a great trip!

Bon Voyage and safe return. Hope all the airlines schedules are "cooperative" (menaing weather) with the cruisers this weekend.

I would love to know maitre d' email for the Victory.

I truly don't mind dining with other guests. We have been mostly lucky on all of our sailings, but I can't shake the feeling that our luck is due to run out some day. Has anyone ever requested a table for 3 and actually received one?

Never a problem with anytime dining!

When we were on the Victory there were three of us and we sat alone. It was a booth for four people. When we did Alaska they sat us with other people but that was because out TA forgot to put in the request that we didn't want to be seated with anyone else.

This time on the Magic we asked if we could be seated at our own table and our TA said that we would need to go to the desk once we check in and ask to see if we can be seated at our own table. We will be leaving on 09/15 one can only hope.

On our Alaska cruise we were seated with other people and they asked what we were doing in Juneau. We told them we rented a car and they asked if they could come with us. Being polite we didn't want to say no. Anyway did not work out well.

We were lucky enough to have a small table for 3 two years ago on the Pride, it was probably a two top, but big enough for us and our then 6 year old.

Last cruise we were seated with two other families which I initially had no problems with. However, one family had a 16 month old in a high chair and pretty much (understandably) devoted all of their time and conversation to her and the other couple came to the table with their teen aged son who had a book which he read throughout the entire meal.

I kindly asked the maitre'd for a 3 top at the end of our meal and he graciously accommodated us the next evening.

Archived