Another Price Drop Question

flcruiser4

My cruise price dropped as of this morning. It shows my category (6D) with a lower price. But they only have aft rooms available now and I booked a midship room. I might have even paid more to get the midship room. Does that mean I don't get the price drop?

As long as you booked your 6D under the early saver program, and there's a price drop on 6D category rooms regardless of location (i.e. forward, aft, midship), you should be elgible for the price drop. If you've already paid your final balance you can receive it in onboard credit.

I just got additional OBC for my upcoming cruise, booking early saver can really pay off! :)

So the aft vs midship location will not matter, right? Also, I booked ES but last time I got a price drop I was matched to the Past Guest sale price. Did I give up my ES rights by doing that?

Location isn't a factor.

About the past guest thing... I've been going back and forth over this exact thing for several days. Carnival says that you may be given the past guest rate but you retain the price protection afforded by Early Saver.

I've gone up the food chain a bit on this one and I'm waiting for an answer...

:)

If you booked Early Saver, it's your category or higher and you qualify for the rate you saw then it should be adjusted for you...

Host-Can you tell me how to find the catagory that's on sale when I look at cruises on CCL website. Our Alaskan cruise showed a price drop for insides, but we had booked a 4B and it was the 4As that were on sale. Learned this from my PVP. Where do I find the catagory when looking at cruises on the CCL website. Many thanks.

Okay, so I actually booked 6E which is higher than 6D. The only difference between the two is midship vs aft. Both are on the same deck and are the same size OV room. There are no more 6E rooms available so it does not even show up when I check fares. Do I still get the price drop?

If you book under the Early Saver rates, you stay ES regardless of what other rate you are price matched to. If you are ES and are price matched to a Past Guest rate, you still retain your ES status (and all of the benefits and limitations it entails).

Okay, so I actually booked 6E which is higher than 6D. The only difference between the two is midship vs aft. Both are on the same deck and are the same size OV room. There are no more 6E rooms available so it does not even show up when I check fares. Do I still get the price drop?

No. You cannot downgrade with ES pricing, so even if you were willing to move to an aft cabin, you would not be permitted to because you would be going from a 6E down to a 6D. Even though the cabins are on the same deck, the 6E is still a higher category because it is in a more desireable location on that deck (middle vs. aft).

No. You cannot downgrade with ES pricing, so even if you were willing to move to an aft cabin, you would not be permitted to because you would be going from a 6E down to a 6D. Even though the cabins are on the same deck, the 6E is still a higher category because it is in a more desireable location on that deck (middle vs. aft).

Darn. Any chance I can submit the form anyway and get someone that doesn't know what they are doing to give me the OBC? :mad:

you want to watch the higher categories-- 8A etc to see if its less then what you paid for a 6E. No pricing against the 6D for you

you want to watch the higher categories-- 8A etc to see if its less then what you paid for a 6E. No pricing against the 6D for you

Unfortunately the Inspiration doesn't have regular balcony cabins. So I already booked the highest category stateroom available before a suite. The suites are still priced at nearly double what I paid.

Ahhh... you didn't add that previously. I thought you were in a 6D. Sorry... downgrades are not permitted under Early Saver...

Host-Can you tell me how to find the catagory that's on sale when I look at cruises on CCL website. Our Alaskan cruise showed a price drop for insides, but we had booked a 4B and it was the 4As that were on sale. Learned this from my PVP. Where do I find the catagory when looking at cruises on the CCL website. Many thanks.

Use the Far Viewer page:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer#

The fare in question must be your category OR HIGHER... you can't get OBC for a 4A rate when you booked a 4B...

Continue through the process and the last page will have the breakdown by category...

Also, be mindful that the rates you see on Fare Viewer and minus taxes and fees...

if you have a good reason to get a price drop, then they might give it to you.

I will use my example from just a few weeks ago. My family is sailing on the the Elation October 15th and we have a 6C room. I noticed that the price went way down! Like by $260 for the same OV room just down one floor. I called to ask since I didn't think that those rooms were the same category. Come to find out the great sale was on 6A and 6B rooms, but while I was talking to the lady on the phone it came up about my kids collecting cans to recycle. My three girls who are 8, 5, and 4 have collected cans for a year and have paid off 25% of our cruise themselves. The lady was so nice and told me to add to the price saver form about my kids. She said that there are people who actually read the notes and see what happens. Well I did that and guess what?!?!?! We got the price difference if the sale was for 6C rooms! So in a few days I got a $140 ON BOARD credit!! So I believe that there are great people that work for Carnival, so you never know what that department is going to do!!

Don't give up hope and maybe you will get that credit!!!

if you have a good reason to get a price drop, then they might give it to you.

I will use my example from just a few weeks ago. My family is sailing on the the Elation October 15th and we have a 6C room. I noticed that the price went way down! Like by $260 for the same OV room just down one floor. I called to ask since I didn't think that those rooms were the same category. Come to find out the great sale was on 6A and 6B rooms, but while I was talking to the lady on the phone it came up about my kids collecting cans to recycle. My three girls who are 8, 5, and 4 have collected cans for a year and have paid off 25% of our cruise themselves. The lady was so nice and told me to add to the price saver form about my kids. She said that there are people who actually read the notes and see what happens. Well I did that and guess what?!?!?! We got the price difference if the sale was for 6C rooms! So in a few days I got a $140 ON BOARD credit!! So I believe that there are great people that work for Carnival, so you never know what that department is going to do!!

Don't give up hope and maybe you will get that credit!!!

WTH, what does collecting cans have to do with qualifying for ES rate?

BTW, I have a whole bunch of cans to take back to the grocery store to get my deposit refunds. Are you listening Carnival?

We booked our cruise. How do I know my category? It says our stateroom number ( say 8157) and 8/ Panorama. Is the Panorama deck nice?? We booked a balcony . I have my price I paid for an example 1425.00. When I go to fare viewer it says 1668.00 so it is actually higher? For a 8b, if that IS my category??. I do not know if we got early saver because we booked thru TA and picked our cabins.

As far as I know it has gone up and up never down. For some reason this date always has been higher than week before and after, do not know why?? We just cannot switch our dates so we are in a higher price. Oh well at least we get to go and we CAN afford the price we booked.

Although we did wait a week for the 3 couples to confirm going and confirm ther date and it DID go up $ 150.00 by the time we booked and has been going higher ever since!!

Any ideas why ?? I wish we could get some OBC before we go as we will not be ordering many drinks etc. :mad: due to the cost. ( we are not big drinkers anyway). but one drink a day will be nice!!

Thanks in advance for info to sort this out.:D Can you tell were 1st time crusiers.??:eek:

Diana:)

We booked our cruise. How do I know my category? It says our stateroom number ( say 8157) and 8/ Panorama. Is the Panorama deck nice?? We booked a balcony . I have my price I paid for an example 1425.00. When I go to fare viewer it says 1668.00 so it is actually higher? For a 8b, if that IS my category??. I do not know if we got early saver because we booked thru TA and picked our cabins.

As far as I know it has gone up and up never down. For some reason this date always has been higher than week before and after, do not know why?? We just cannot switch our dates so we are in a higher price. Oh well at least we get to go and we CAN afford the price we booked.

Although we did wait a week for the 3 couples to confirm going and confirm ther date and it DID go up $ 150.00 by the time we booked and has been going higher ever since!!

Any ideas why ?? I wish we could get some OBC before we go as we will not be ordering many drinks etc. :mad: due to the cost. ( we are not big drinkers anyway). but one drink a day will be nice!!

Thanks in advance for info to sort this out.:D Can you tell were 1st time crusiers.??:eek:

Which ship?

@Roscoe - LOL (literally)

This could maybe be a separate thread, but I'll try it here:

We are booked PT. Is that lower than anything except 1A? It was cheaper than all the other inside rooms when we booked it, but not sure where it falls in the 'room heirarchy' as far as watching ES for upgrades...

You are category 8K you need to find out from your TA if they booked you under the early saver rate.

WTH, what does collecting cans have to do with qualifying for ES rate?

BTW, I have a whole bunch of cans to take back to the grocery store to get my deposit refunds. Are you listening Carnival?

Well it's because my kids have paid off 25 % of the cruise! and they were being nice. I don't think many kids who are 8, 5, and 4 have the dedication to go collect cans for a year to help with the cost of a family cruise. The Early Saver department took that into consideration when the rooms that were on sale were 6A and 6B when our room that we booked were 6C.

Were on the Pride , so were 8 K? Is that ok? How about Panorama? I know what I paid , I just didn't put exact price numbers in my post. Thanks.:)

I have not stayed on Panorama deck on any of the ships I have been on

The only thing I would comment on Panorama is the good is close to pool lido deck the bad could hear a lot of scraping of chairs etc from above.

Have a great cruise and report back with a review.

So it REALLY has gone up! So I can continue to watch the rate checker and see if it goes down? how about an upgrade? What would be a good upgrade.? is the part of the ship we are in very likely for motion sickness??

If the Bahamas gets wiped out due to hurricane will they change iteniery??:eek: I do feel for the residents then when we don't come and they loose more revenue??

We booked this itinery because we did not want to go to Mexico so is there a chance we will?? :eek:

Thanks diana

Previous E mail from TA says we are 8 E and early saver rate. Is that possible? When i look it up I do not see 8 E listed for Oct 16th The Pride.

I do see our cabin number on the correct deck though. So confusing!! :eek:

Archived