need a hotel near the airport in Montreal

The Marriott is right inside the airport, on top of the US terminal, so that one is the closest. It is also very new, and we have used it recently, it is clean and pretty nice.

Otherwise, there is a new aloft within sight of the airport, which should be nice since it is brand new, and an older hotel that has been reincarnated several times within the last few years - Hilton, Starwood, no name brand and now, I believe, a Wyndham. It is also right across from the airport. I was there a few years ago when it was a Hilton. It was just ok, not much more.

I believe the other "airport hotels" are much farther away.

If you can get it at a decent price (or don't mind paying the premium for being right on top of the US terminal), the Marriott is an excellent choice. If you are looking for a more budget-friendly option, the Fairfield Inn is right at the entrance to the airport (with a free shuttle), and is the nicest Fairfield Inn I've ever stayed in; free breakfast, and light meals available from the bar in the evening, make it a very convenient choice.

We will fly out of Montreal on Oct 1 and need a good hotel near the airport. Recommendations?

I have looked them all over and decided the best is the Holiday Inn Express and they have a shuttle to take you to the airport. You just need to be at a reasonable distance and the reviews and price were the best.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wyndham is nice, very comfy beds and nice rooms, free shuttle every 30 min. 2- 3 min ride. Only drawback is there is no food what so ever after midnight, there is a fridge in the room but its totally empty ???

it was like a bad joke, they say sorry the restaurant is closed now, just after midnight we arrived, and no room service either, when I saw the fridge empty I almost cried, lol We very pretty hungry, was flying out the next morning at 0600 am, yup slept there for only 4 hours, it cost around 185.00 incl tax and fees. But during the day it is fine, has everything you need, pool, gym, good restaurant. But I'll make sure I eat if ever I end up there late at night. When it was a Hilton at least they had room service at any hour.

i just booked on Hotwire and got the Aloft for $79.00 plus tax and charges. One night October 13th. Reviews are good and is located right at the airport. Said it had a 95% approval rate from hotwire users.

As a warning to anyone coming into the Montreal airport in the near future: there is major road construction going on over there, and the traffic can be horrible. I was just there last night to pick someone up and spent 30 minutes just getting out of the airport onto the highway. Factor in some extra travel time! Even getting over to the Aloft was a problem, since everyone basically has to go the same way.

Archived