Celebrity Summit Arrival Late

GlitterGirlFL

Because of the ship's late arrival, Celebrity Summit's next sailing will now depart on Monday, August 29. Guests scheduled to sail on the Sunday, August 28, sailing of Celebrity Summit should now arrive at Cape Liberty on Monday between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. We also encourage guests on this sailing to continue to monitor these updates for any possible additional modifications. Celebrity Cruises has not altered the itineraries of any other ship that departs today, tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday.

We will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will update this information again today, August 26 at 6:00 p.m. E.S.T.

straight from the Celebrity website.

But who is going to pay to put up guests for a night at a hotel if they have no choice but to arrive on the original sailing date?

I would think that travel insurance would help with that due to the travel delay.

But who is going to pay to put up guests for a night at a hotel if they have no choice but to arrive on the original sailing date?

I think the same people who pay for hotels in the event of flights cancelled because of hurricanes and other weather related issues....the passenger pays their own way.

The cruise lines are bad enough paying for the problems that are their fault let alone those due to Mother Nature.

If one can't handle weather related problems financially then buy insurance.

Because of the ship's late arrival, Celebrity Summit's next sailing will now depart on Monday, August 29. Guests scheduled to sail on the Sunday, August 28, sailing of Celebrity Summit should now arrive at Cape Liberty on Monday between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. We also encourage guests on this sailing to continue to monitor these updates for any possible additional modifications. Celebrity Cruises has not altered the itineraries of any other ship that departs today, tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday.

We will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will update this information again today, August 26 at 6:00 p.m. E.S.T.

straight from the Celebrity website.

Thanks, but this information has already been posted on 2 other threads :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1469551

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1470691

travel insurance??

I feel that is a farce. While I did purchase it for this and all my cruises I would be better protected if I became very ill. Spoke with them yesterday "Access America" she wasn't sure about much of anything. I was suppose to fly into Newark on Sat. then Cruise on Summit was suppose to be Sunday( which while talking to her, got a auto message from Celebrity, changed to Monday at 5) she said the flight we have to be delayed 24hr to get a refund! and she said Celebrity would refund me for a canceled cruise. yea right

travel insurance??

I feel that is a farce. While I did purchase it for this and all my cruises I would be better protected if I became very ill. Spoke with them yesterday "Access America" she wasn't sure about much of anything. I was suppose to fly into Newark on Sat. then Cruise on Summit was suppose to be Sunday( which while talking to her, got a auto message from Celebrity, changed to Monday at 5) she said the flight we have to be delayed 24hr to get a refund! and she said Celebrity would refund me for a canceled cruise. yea right

Hi, I buy a plan from Travel Guard every cruise...covers cancellation

100%. Sounds like the rep from Access isn't very knowlegable.

I was re-reading my policy and it is coverage for 100% if I have

to cancel. I sail the week after you. I hope by the end of next

week everything is flying and stuff. Personally, it I don't think it

is a farce...it depends on what type of policy you purchase.

Archived