Carnival St. John Champagne Catamaran Sailaway

TandAatsea

We were wondering if anybody has done this excursion before? We are considering it but looking for a little bit more feedback.

Also, if anybody knows, is there time to do shopping after the excursion or does it bring you in close to sailing time?

We are in St. Thomas from 7am - 6pm

thanks!

We were wondering if anybody has done this excursion before? We are considering it but looking for a little bit more feedback.

Also, if anybody knows, is there time to do shopping after the excursion or does it bring you in close to sailing time?

thanks!

Why not just take a taxi to the ferry and get a transfer to Trunk Bay in St John. St John is great and the best way to enjoy it is at one of their great beaches. You have plenty of time to do St John on your own and the town area near the ferry dock dock is nice too and a great place to pick up your lunch.

I agree with the poster above. If you feel you can handle the added thinking of doing it on your own I would auggest that. However I wouldnt go to Trunk Bay if your not taking an excursion. Trunk is nice but it is also the most popular beach for tourists on St John. Go down a little farther to Hawksnest or to Cinnamon Beach where the locals go and you will be much happier I think. There is a few small shops near the ferry dock in St John and there is plenty of shopping at the cruise terminal in St Thomas as well. St John is a gorgeous little island...one of my favs in the Caribbean.

thanks!

Funny you should ask at this particular time - I did this excursion last November and got caught up in the aftermath of Hurricane Tomas. Even though the storm was several days gone by then, the surf was so high that the beach was essentially useless - one wave swept all the way up to the trees behind the beach and drowned everything I had, including my camera. There was so much sand in my cabin after I got back and cleaned up that I had to tip the steward & his assistant for cleaning it all up so well. If the weather had been nicer, though, this would have been a great trip. I suggest you decide based on what the weather in the area has been like for the previous few days.

And you will have time for some shopping after you get back, at least if you're docked at Havensight. If you plan on shopping downtown, I don't know how much time you'll have - traffic in St.T. is pretty edgy, you don't want to be cutting it close in a taxi.

We took this excursion in May and highly recommend it!! The tour operators are great and we would do it again. Great Mimosas and Champagne punch!! Having said that, I just want to add that we are not very adventurous regarding taking excursions on our own. Too afraid to miss the boat, so to speak. I believe there was time to do some shopping, and they would leave you off somewhere other than the pier. However, we did not do that.

thanks!

There was a recent review that mentioned this excursion in post #54.

We took that excursion a couple of years ago & had the best time. Very often we do private excursions, but had heard so much favorable chat about this one that we booked it & it was truly memorable. The crew was terrific, the beach & time snorkeling was fabulous...snacks & champagne (AFTER snorkeling, not before lol) was great. All in all it was a feeling of really being cared for...in addition to the outstanding views coming & going. I would definitely recommend it.

712515767_CatamarantoTrunkBay.jpg.f918befd47bca547b650205bd8064f61.jpg

Catamaran.jpg.c3f2dc4babc02bee3f3799be701f86eb.jpg

526999345_SnorkelSt.Johns3.jpg.53f21c15dea3814461810365c7bf4e4e.jpg

1845313824_SnorkelSt.Johns.jpg.ea614b2bc3c60005d2d6977d00195cb1.jpg

My friends and I just did this excursion a couple of weeks ago. They take you to Honeymoon Beach for snorkeling. If you just wanted to go to the beach, they were boating people in and picking them back up when it was time to head back. They provided champagne, beer and rum punch on the trip back. We left for the trip at 1pm and got back to the pier at 5:30pm. We had to be back on the ship by 7:30pm so we did have time to shop at Havensigt and get a drink at Señor Frog's.

It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Sure you can go it alone but why?

You are on a beautiful catamaran - sailing in beautiful Caribbean waters - Warm breezes - great snorkling - champagne and a great group of people who want the same experience...you can't go wrong

I love the sail...up front on the trampoline...don't mind the roller coaster effect at all or hitting a wave and being sprayed by the sea...lol But if thats not you they have other seating available Have fun!~ :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived