Need help RCCL pals...Booking next cruise, Princess or RCCL?

I was wondering if any of you have sailed Princess? I am thinking of booking the week of October 15 2005. I have checked out both lines and am undecided. I want to sail on the Carribean Princess or the Mariner...help me my friends. Thanks guys.

:)

I've been on both classes of ships, NO CONTEST... GO WITH THE MARINER!

Caribbean Princess is just a Grand class ship with an extra deck of cabins - More people, same size public areas (do the math :()... Mariner is the newest of the Voyager class ships - The most unique ships at sea with something for everyone!

I agree with TrentS. I will never sail the Caribbean Princess because of the extra deck of cabins (more people) added to the Grand class ship. I like both RCI and Princess and have sailed both several times. Go with the Mariner.

I was wondering if any of you have sailed Princess? I am thinking of booking the week of October 15 2005. I have checked out both lines and am undecided. I want to sail on the Carribean Princess or the Mariner...help me my friends. Thanks guys.

:)

I love both cruise lines. If Princess had a ship comparable to a Voyager class ship, we would most likely be sailing them instead of RCCL. But for us nothing compares to a Voyager class ship, so I say, if you like BIG ships , a lot to do all the time and a lot of people go, with the Mariner :)

Bobbie

we took our 1 and 1/2 year old on the Caribbean Princess in July and have previoulsy been on the Explorer, I agree with everyone else, No comparison

We are booked on the Navigator in July...cant wait

Suzanne

I sailed with Princess to Tahiti and loved it. Very nice ship, just not as big as RCCL ships. Will probably go with them again. We tend to rotate cruise lines. So if big is what you want, then go with RCCL. I even like Carnival. Great party ships.

Kim

My son Alex will be 16 by cruise time:D There are younger children also sailing with our group...if you are interested in joining the Tinis then our Group Leader is

HostMiriam@cruisecritic.com

She can give you details of how to join us and you can drop by the group forum and meet everyone:D Hey it would be great to meet you.

Liz

I have sailed on Navigator. Mariner and Caribbean Princess . I enjoyed both classes of ships very much but I did notice in your signature that you have not sailed a Voyager class ship.... they are so unique in the cruise business that I would try that one first.... there really is no other ship like it.

I would sail on Princess ships again and have one booked in October.... this time try the Mariner...we loved it very much... We are looking forward to our first Radiance class in about 3 weeks and then the biggie "Freedom' in June 2006

Emmy

Princess is my favorite,though I have no problems with RCL.In fact,I'm doing the AOS for my 10th anniv cruise in May..Princess has better food,better service,entertainment equal.Mariner bigger,more options.but also more people...Grand Princess in 2000 was our favorite cruise so far...check out the deal as well..RCL is a bit more $$$ than Princess and Princess likes to give upgrades if ship is not full.We got upgraded to a mini-suite from a standard balcony..loved the butler(no longer)..also very important:We LOVED the freestyle dining!!The Caribbean Princess has both traditional dining and alternative.Great steakhouse and Italian place.Lobster night was great.Best bread we ever had.....I'm a PT cruise agent and EVERYBODY I've sent on Princess has told me it was better than RCL-some said it was better by a mile,some just by a little...you really can't go wrong with either.Love the big screen at the pool!!

Big Al ~ just curious...when did you sail Caribbean Princess... we were on the OCt. 23 sailing last year and there was a gentleman named 'big Al' that won prizes on the morning show they had....wasn't you by any chance :) :)

I also loved the big movie screen...

Emmy

Been on both and I think Princess is by far the better for food. BUT, it is an older crowd and your son would like RC better. Princess was excellent all around but I didn't care for RC. It is much better for teens with many things to do.

I have been on both (but not for a year or so). It depends on what you're looking for. Do you have children? RCCL has the better kid's program. Do you like to dine alone or with a big group of new people. Do you like traditional dining (1st and 2nd seating) or do you want to walk into the dining room at your leisure? PRincess has personal choice dining. No times assigned. I personally didn't care for it. I like to meet new people and dinner is the best place to do it. There were also long lines of people waiting for a table, as everyone usually showed up around the same time. Aside from these there is very little difference. Carribean Princess is new, the Captain (Romano) is fabulous. The Mariner is also new. The amenities are beautiful. Hope this helped.

Archived