True or false. Alcohol packages.

dingoboy

I've read various reports about trying to purchase drinks above the value of your drink package. Eg if you are permitted to consume any drink up to the value of $8 but want one on the bar menu for $12, do you just pay the four dollars difference or do you have to pay the full $12.

I'd read the later was the case, but recently a policy change had been implement.

Can anyone confirm if there is a new policy, when it started and what the new terms are.

Thanks,

James.

I don't know anything for certain, but I've read that a holder of a standard drink pass (up to $8) can request a smaller version of a $10 - $12 martini. I've never read anything about being charged "the difference" or full price for a drink outside the package's limitations. I'll be interested in the replies to this thread. We'll be sailing on Sept.14th for a 12-night Holy Lands trip. I bought the classic package.

I've read various reports about trying to purchase drinks above the value of your drink package. Eg if you are permitted to consume any drink up to the value of $8 but want one on the bar menu for $12, do you just pay the four dollars difference or do you have to pay the full $12.

I'd read the later was the case, but recently a policy change had been implement.

Can anyone confirm if there is a new policy, when it started and what the new terms are.

Thanks,

James.

It applies to the Premium package only - not to the classic package

Premium Alcohol Drinks packages

We have changed our policy on buying a drink which costs more than the limit allowed in the Premium Package. For example, the limit is $12 a glass for wine/champagne, and a guests wants an $18 glass of wine/champagne, they will now only be charged the $6 difference (plus 15% gratuity) instead of the full $18 charge which we had been doing.

Premium Alcohol Drinks packages

We have changed our policy on buying a drink which costs more than the limit allowed in the Premium Package. For example, the limit is $12 a glass for wine/champagne, and a guests wants an $18 glass of wine/champagne, they will now only be charged the $6 difference (plus 15% gratuity) instead of the full $18 charge which we had been doing.

Thank you for posting this. Could you tell me where you found this quote? I would be very excited for this change!

Archived