Setting up a meet & greet

Elcruzer

Paul generally has an up to date list....I am certain he will be along with it. I can provide you with templates for name tags and letters of invitation to various officers that you may care to invite...just send me an email at the address in my signature.

Here is the list from May, 2011

Berda Davis Grand & Star bdavis@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4451

Berna Grayr Emerald & Pacific bgrayr@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4448

Renee Wittwer Ruby rwittwer@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4443

Coleen Reyes Crown creyes@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4447

Diana Hall Diamond dhall@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4449

Jan James Golden, Ocean jjames@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4452

Jenny Streeck Sapphire jstreeck@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4444

Liz Williamson Caribbean & Sea ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Stacey Anderson Island & Coral sanderson@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4446

Kelly Ashley *special diets/Place order for distilled water/baby food

kashley@princesscruises.com (661) 284-4450

I have found that I got a quicker response by calling, rather than emailing, the contact person at Princess.

When I wanted to contact someone for a meet & greet I always e-mail them and get a reply within a day or two. When I've tried to call I always get voice mail. By e-mailing you can provide all the information they require in writing for them. It makes it a lot easier.

Information they want from you would be the date of sailing and ship as well as your confirmation number. They are the liaison between the ship and you for setting up the times and dates for the meetings. You can also suggest any specific locations on where to have it and they will also make recommendations. They will also put in the request if you want to have any ship's officers attend. By doing this you become the main point of contact for the ship once on board.

What is a Meet and Greet? Never heard of it.

A Meet & Greet (M&G) is held on board ship when people from Cruisecritic get together to finally meet everyone they have been "talking" to on line on the cruise roll call. They are informal get togethers and may include some of the ship's officers/staff. It's a great way to meet everyone.

I'm so glad that I found this thread. We are on the Island Princess sailing Jan 18th, 2012. I started a Roll Call the last of January 2011 and have kept it going. Most of us have been to Meet and Greets, but noone so far appears to have organized one, and so I'm wondering what my first step might be. It appears that it might be a small group, but I would like to have a nice one. Thanks so much for any advice from those who have done this before......and if there is someone else who is on this sailing and has experinece, I will gladly "yield" the floor. :)

Monika

I'm so glad that I found this thread. We are on the Island Princess sailing Jan 18th, 2012. I started a Roll Call the last of January 2011 and have kept it going. Most of us have been to Meet and Greets, but noone so far appears to have organized one, and so I'm wondering what my first step might be. It appears that it might be a small group, but I would like to have a nice one. Thanks so much for any advice from those who have done this before......and if there is someone else who is on this sailing and has experinece, I will gladly "yield" the floor. :)

Monika

I can help with the contact for the Island. She is Stacey Anderson and can be reached at: sanderson@princesscruises.com

Monika

Before contact Stacey, you may want to think about when you would like to have the M&G. The first sea day either late morning or early to mid afternoon seem to be the most popular times, if the first day is a sea day

Thank you very much for the contact info and the advice. I'll keep checking this thread for information. Can the contact person give me information as to refreshments?

There are no refreshments. Perhaps there will be an open pay bar, but do not expect any snackies.

I did the Meet & Greet for out last cruise. There is an older thread on this board with lots of information on how to set it up and what to do. Just search under Meet & Greet. Most are held in Skywalkers but a smaller group could meet in one of the lounges. You should suggest the time and place to the princess rep and the first sea day is a good day for the M&G. You may want to invite the ship's officers but they may or may not come. I delivered individual invitations to the Pursar's desk as soon as I boarded the ship( the names were given to me by the Princess rep). We also did a small gift exchange where people brought a small gift which represented their state or city ( limit about $10-$15). This was a lot of fun and people were really creative.

It was a lot of fun planning the M&G so go for it.

The key term is "No Host Bar". That means that anyone who wants a drink pays for theirs. If there is a host, that person is picking up the tab for the whole group.

I will definitely remember the term "No Host Bar"..... could be a helluva surprise to your shipboard account otherwise :eek: Thanks again for all the good advice and information about setting it up. Unless our Roll Call picks up in the next couple of months, it will be a small gathering. When we sailed on the Emerald last year, we had well over 2,000 posts --- Oh well, however many there are, it will be fun!

Archived