Specialty Dining Idea

SusieV

I had an idea last night that I wish RCCL offered, especially on the Oasis class ships. It would definitely get me to spend more money!

Why not offer a prepaid experience where passengers commit to spending, say, a minimum of $30 pp pd on food onboard (not including drinks or alcohol), and RCCL charges them $20pp pd? Any money not spent by the end of the day expires.

So say, precruise, on a 7 night cruise you would pay an additional $140pp and get a "food credit" of $210 to use at the various venues (must be for the entire cruise). Although it sounds like a great deal, RCCL would be ensuring that people spend a certain amount each day and it might end up being good for them profitwise.

I think this would be great, especially on Oasis class. It would definitely make me more interested in trying all the different venues and even the little shops like the cupcake one if I could mentally tell myself I was getting a 30% discount.

I'm confused:confused:...

I'm not a good explainer.

I would love a package where you could prepay for a daily food credit. Pay $20 per person per day and get a $30 credit per person per day. Then use that credit at any food venue where there is a charge.

So, guests make out by getting an extra $10 per day credit and RCCL benefits by having guests prepay $20 per person per day towards extra cost food venues. I think it would be a good deal on both sides.

Is that any clearer? I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Celebrity has 3 and 5 dinner packages on the S class ships. That might work. But the problem on the Allure is that the specialty restaurants get completely booked very early and you wouldn't be able to use your discount card (and there is no reason for RCI to discount things they can sell at full price).

Celebrity has 3 and 5 dinner packages on the S class ships. That might work. But the problem on the Allure is that the specialty restaurants get completely booked very early and you wouldn't be able to use your discount card (and there is no reason for RCI to discount things they can sell at full price).

Yeah, I know about Celebrity's dining packages but we don't partake since we prefer to choose which restaurants to go to rather than having them chosen for us.

Hmm. Good to know. Guess I should make my reservations when they open up if the restaurants are that busy! I'm surprised, honestly.

Susie

I think you're prophetic. It looks to me that that is exactly the way these cruise lines are going. One day you'll be choosing from various dining tiers for an upcharge and the only thing included will be the buffet. They are just trying to get us used to it gradually trying to avoid getting the paying customers angry.

Irene

Archived