New to disney, 2yr old

L2C57

We have done carnival in the past, but are looking at booking a disney with our 2 yr old. We aren't decided because Disney is quite a bit more than carnival and I'm not sure that our 2 yr old will get enough out of the Disney experience to justify the extra cost. What do you think, or what has been your experience cruising Disney with a 2 yr old? Also, I can't seem to find any info on shore excursion on their website, but the boards seem to mention excursion so I know they are available. How do you look into these?

Welcome to CC,

There is a lot to like about Disney, rotating dining, overall better service, great shows, characters and of course if you are on the new ship lots of modern stuff too,but as you know the price :eek:

IMHO if budget is tight I'd skip it. Of course if exposing your 2 year old is critical as is those kodak moments do it, only if you can afford. I have many pictures of taking my young ones to Disney Land, Disney World, Disney Cruise. Honestly, they don't remember a thing. The kodak moments make me smile, so if that is what you need want its worth it.

There is no right answer, balance of value, experience, and memories to the parents.

If you can afford DCL I would go for it. If you can't then you will have fun on another line as well.

To those who say your 2 year old will not remember it have not met my two year old. We did a land/sea at the end of January - weeks after his second birthday - and he still talks about "his boat" and "his castle" He remembers specifics from the trip too, like attractions we went on at WDW and who he went on with, or playing with Pluto on the Dream.

There are shore excursions but aside from beach days or island tours I don't know how much will be available for you to do with a two year old.

I think a younger child will have some memories, but they'll have fun even if you just check into a local hotel and let them swim in the pool.

If the cost isn't a factor, go with DCL. Otherwise, choose another line until your child is a little older and can really get all the benefit out of DCL.

My two cents.

IMO, go with Disney. We did a carnival cruise with my daughter who was just shy of 2 years old in January. Although it was vacation and a cruise, we had a heck of a time trying to occupy her the whole trip, which led to very frustrated and tired parents! We def did not feel like it was a vacation at all. I know traveling with kids is sometimes exhausting and we were up for it, but the entire trip she had NOTHING to do. The camp she had to be 2, which she wasn't yet so I am sure that didn't help our situation, but really there wasn't much for her. She did enjoy the shows at night but that was really it. THank goodness we brought a few toys for her and had a balcony, otherwise we may have lost our marbles! lol. Go with disney, from what I heard there is so much to do and see for the children they hardly ever get bored, and happy children equals happy parents :)

Archived