'Florence on your Own' Excursion - Where is the drop off?

NMCruzzin

We will be doing the Florence on Your Own excursion on our trip next month.

I have a good map that I'd like to work with ...but I'm not sure where we actually get off at.

It could be different for each Cruise Line... but if anyone would know where Carnival drops everyone off at... please let me know!

Thank You!:)

If I remember correctly busses are not allowed in the city center.

The bus parking area is alonside the Arno river,

Roughly a 10/15 minute walk to the city center.

Jack

we were in florence 27th of july and as you say busses not allowed into center (we were not on a cruise this time),all busses have to drop off and pick up at same area,they are not allowed to park here.

as you said this is next to river and 10/15 minute walk to center.

I would expect that they would drop you where most excursions drop off. It's about a block from Santa Croce square. The square is wonderful, and I think the best of it is the church of Santa Croce itself. It cost about 5 Euro to go in, but you will see the tombs of Galilleo, Michaelangelo, Dante, Fermi, and other famous men from Florence.

From Santa Croce, you can see the Duomo at the far end of the plaza opposite the church and if you are looking across the square at the church, if you look to your left you will see the Duomo and the Campanile rising high above. Walk up the little streets from the square opposite the church and you will come to Ponte Vecchio bridge and the Uffuzi museum (buy timed entrance tickets ahead as there is always a wait).

You might need to take a cab to the University to see the REAL statue of David.

Thank you! I was able to find all of the places you mention on my map....and once I get my sense on direction on track...we should have a full day! :D

It's so nice to be able to figure out ahead, where your starting point is!

Thank you! I was able to find all of the places you mention on my map....and once I get my sense on direction on track...we should have a full day! :D

It's so nice to be able to figure out ahead, where your starting point is!

Florence is one of my favorites places to be. I think you will love it, too.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone who has booked this shore excursion please tell me roughly what time you arrived in Florence and what time you needed to meet the guide to return to the ship?

Many Thanks,

Sonic

You usually have approx 6 hrs in Florence on your own..Our meeting time with RCI in Santa Croce Square was about 3:00pm...

Archived