Change to Suite furniture

callmebetty

Thanks for posting this as I was going to start a thread.

Last week on the Star when we were getting back on the ship, we walked to the forward elevators on deck 4 and there were two couches by the stairs. They were wrapped in a clear plastic but looked like an off white Italian leather.

The size was about half way between a loveseat and a couch. They had two large cushions. The one had a tag for "9006" which is one of the owner's suites on deck 9. It looked very similar to the picture above other than it was bigger. I'd say from the size it would probably be about a normal sized hide-a-bed type size that I'm guessing is for passengers 3 & 4 that they have made for the suites.

Last week on the Star when we were getting back on the ship, we walked to the forward elevators on deck 4 and there were two couches by the stairs. They were wrapped in a clear plastic but looked like an off white Italian leather.

The size was about half way between a loveseat and a couch. They had two large cushions. The one had a tag for "9006" which is one of the owner's suites on deck 9. It looked very similar to the picture above other than it was bigger. I'd say from the size it would probably be about a normal sized hide-a-bed type size that I'm guessing is for passengers 3 & 4 that they have made for the suites.

Thank You !! That is exactly what I have been waiting to hear. We have an OS booked on the Star this March.

Im glad we wont have to deal with the roll-a-ways.:D

The last night of the cruise, we put the table on the balcony to have dinner and DH moved the chair to one side of the room, across from the loveseatish thing in the picture. We left the ottoman in front of the loveseat. This opened up a lot of space is you need to sleep 4 people, as I don't think two people (even kids) could fit. Even the butler was amazed how much bigger the room seemed. We promised to put it all back when we were done :)

Keep in mind there is room on the balcony for a lounge chair, a regular chair, the table and the two chairs that go with the table if you want more in cabin space.

You're welcome. Although let's hope it is more comfortable than the hide-a-bed we had last week. The very first night the steward offered to bring in a rollaway so the kids didn't have to sleep together.

The rollaway was actually pretty comfortable and the hide-a-bed was not straight nor comfortable - I know someone else reported that the hide-a-bed in the new DOS were not too comfortable - I think it was VV.

I still like how NCL describes this, but can hold up to 4 people. What kind of romance are we talking about?:D

You will have the perfect romantic getaway in these Penthouses that sleep up to four guests. Includes a bedroom with queen-size bed and luxury bath with shower, in addition to the living area and dining area.

That sure looks awfully small. I hope passanger 3 & 4 are controrionist!

I still like how NCL describes this, but can hold up to 4 people. What kind of romance are we talking about?:D

You will have the perfect romantic getaway in these Penthouses that sleep up to four guests. Includes a bedroom with queen-size bed and luxury bath with shower, in addition to the living area and dining area.

That sure looks awfully small. I hope passanger 3 & 4 are controrionist!

They fail to mention one has to sleep in the tub!

Here is a pic to give you an idea. The loveseat in the SF suites on Jewel (we were in 10666) was swapped out one day and this was put in it's place. It slides out into a bed.

Thanks so much for posting this picture of one of the new "sleeper sofas." I have been very curious about the replacement furniture for the penthouses/suites that now accommodate 4 passengers.

Thanks for the pic- we are putting three people in one of these suites on the pearl next summer - my TA called his contacts at NCL and was assured that the sofa bed would be there for us. It looks like they are trying to swap out the furniture between (or during) cruises.

I think three will be fine, there is a small nightstand between the bed and the chair. The curtain can be drawn between the two if you don't want to breathe on the person that is sleeping in the pullout chair. Four would be really tight if 2 were sleeping on this contraption. I don't see why you couldn't swap the location of the table with the sleeper though...that might make it a bit more comfortable :)

Thanks so much for the picture! One of my (minor) complaints with NCL is that the suites were not suitable for 2 adults not wanting to share a bed. Looks like I can get back to the suite life even when I leave DH at home and travel with my BFF!!

That chair is identical to the one we saw on the Dawn last week. At the end of the cruise we went and checked out those cabins(SF) because we have that category booked on the Gem in November. I just got off the phone with NCL and they are assuring me that the ones on the Gem will sleep 4. I can't understand how if the Dawn and the Jewel are the same, won't the Gem's? We even spoke to a cabin steward and he said the chair is for one person not 2.

If there is anyone out there who has sailed recently on the Gem that than comment, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

I am glad they are doing this. We cruised the Gem last year in an owner's suite and were surprised there wasn't a hide-a-bed in the living room with all that space. By the way, the deck 10 owner's suites have more space then the deck 9 owner's suites if you are booking one.

• 4 weeks later...

The link below on page 2 has what looks very close to the couches I saw wrapped up on the Star that were going into the OS. These pictures show the couch opened up. The op mentioned something along the lines it was for two but maybe a bit small for two according to her.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1488535

We have a SE (10002) on the Star in November -- 3 adults. Wonder if we'll get the new pull-out chair/bed. We're told the old style pull-out sofa is comfortable IF you have the butler get a "egg carton" matress pad. I would feel guilty if wife and I enjoyed a good night's sleep on the queen-size bed, and our guest (my sister) suffered for a week on the pull-out.

Regards,

captgeo

Archived