Kids in CL?

[quote name='TerriDHair'][COLOR=darkorchid]I say those bothered by the topic should not read the posts and those who want to state their feelings about it should be able to! Since the last post in October, I have been on a cruise and experienced the lounge post policy change. While not "horrifying", it was bothersome at times. Several families were there every night before dinner with anywhere from 2-3 kids each. One little girl, around 4, was obviously bored and climbed on the couch, approached people to do little dances, etc. One boy would repeatedly use his "outside voice". That would be followed by "shhh!" from the mom. Quiet for a bit then loud again and more "shhh"s, which was also annoying. I could go on, but won't. Thankfully, when we would return after dinner it was only adults each night. We too will never cruise when school is out. [B]I also noted our opinion on the comment card.[/B] [/COLOR][/quote]

Following up with an email when you get home also helps.

[quote name='TerriDHair'][COLOR=darkorchid]I say those bothered by the topic should not read the posts and those who want to state their feelings about it should be able to! Since the last post in October, I have been on a cruise and experienced the lounge post policy change. While not "horrifying", it was bothersome at times. Several families were there every night before dinner with anywhere from 2-3 kids each. One little girl, around 4, was obviously bored and climbed on the couch, approached people to do little dances, etc. One boy would repeatedly use his "outside voice". That would be followed by "shhh!" from the mom. Quiet for a bit then loud again and more "shhh"s, which was also annoying. I could go on, but won't. Thankfully, when we would return after dinner it was only adults each night. We too will never cruise when school is out. I also noted our opinion on the comment card. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea how you sound in this post? Is there someone who was on your cruise and in the CL who can report to us about your behavior?

This post is just about as bad as the old guy who took a picture of a family in
the CL and posted it on here.

I am glad you will never cruise when school is out. Children don't need to be exposed to someone like you.

[quote name='KittyCat1Million']Do you have any idea how you sound in this post? Is there someone who was on your cruise and in the CL who can report to us about your behavior?

I am glad you will never cruise when school is out. Children don't need to be exposed to someone like you.[/quote]

And to call a poster "old guy" says a lot about you. :rolleyes:

[quote name='KittyCat1Million']Sorry if you don't like the fact that he is an old guy. Posting that picture of an innocent family enjoying a perk offered to them on their cruise was despicable and it should have been removed immediately.[/quote]

So you stooping to that level is okay? Is this what you teach your kids? .:rolleyes: I guess we know what to look forward to in the CL.

[quote name='TerriDHair'][COLOR=darkorchid]I say those bothered by the topic should not read the posts and those who want to state their feelings about it should be able to! Since the last post in October, I have been on a cruise and experienced the lounge post policy change. While not "horrifying", it was bothersome at times. Several families were there every night before dinner with anywhere from 2-3 kids each. One little girl, around 4, was obviously bored and climbed on the couch, approached people to do little dances, etc. One boy would repeatedly use his "outside voice". That would be followed by "shhh!" from the mom. Quiet for a bit then loud again and more "shhh"s, which was also annoying. I could go on, but won't. Thankfully, when we would return after dinner it was only adults each night. We too will never cruise when school is out. I also noted our opinion on the comment card. [/COLOR][/quote]

I agree with the other poster. Make sure that you follow up with an email to RCI. By the way, your post sounds jiust fine.;)

[quote name='Florida Scorpion']Following up with an email when you get home also helps.[/quote]

[quote name='cruisingator2']I agree with the other poster. Make sure that you follow up with an email to RCI. By the way, your post sounds jiust fine.;)[/quote]

[COLOR=darkorchid]Thank you, cruisingator2, I re-read it and agree. And thanks both of you regarding the post-cruise email suggestion. I sent an email before the cruise but writing about our actual experience now that we've had one is a good idea. [/COLOR]

[quote name='cruisingator2']I agree with the other poster. Make sure that you follow up with an email to RCI. By the way, your post sounds jiust fine.;)[/QUOTE]

I agree that your post was just fine and that you should also follow up with an email.

Do you have any idea how you sound in this post? Is there someone who was on your cruise and in the CL who can report to us about your behavior?

I am glad you will never cruise when school is out. Children don't need to be exposed to someone like you.

I could ask you if you have any idea how YOU sound in THIS post! This thread is about KIDS in the CL, but I would have no problem with any Cruise Critic member who was on my cruise reporting my behavior in great detail.

And Trainman's post with the picture was his way of showing that he observed kids behaving in the lounge. If you read his other threads you would know that he uses pictures prolifically to describe things he sees on cruises.

Children don't need to be exposed to "people like me"?? You mean "intelligent, funny, caring, fun, loyal, sensible, and sometimes a little silly" people? If you say so. I'll let me daughter and grandson know that someone who knows me so well has advised that he shouldn't be exposed to me.

My post was describing my experience. I'll be on another cruise in four weeks and I may choose to post about whatever I may experience then.

I say those bothered by the topic should not read the posts and those who want to state their feelings about it should be able to! Since the last post in October, I have been on a cruise and experienced the lounge post policy change. While not "horrifying", it was bothersome at times. Several families were there every night before dinner with anywhere from 2-3 kids each. One little girl, around 4, was obviously bored and climbed on the couch, approached people to do little dances, etc. One boy would repeatedly use his "outside voice". That would be followed by "shhh!" from the mom. Quiet for a bit then loud again and more "shhh"s, which was also annoying. I could go on, but won't. Thankfully, when we would return after dinner it was only adults each night. We too will never cruise when school is out. I also noted our opinion on the comment card.

Very objective account of your experience. Not sure what all the hysteria is about....

teddie

Old guy? At 55 you're no spring chicken.

Oh yes. Such a great idea. We should all inundate Royal Caribbean with emails complaining about the children. Maybe then they will change the rules (again).

Oh they will change the rules alright and kick the D+ right out of the CL.

Look. Passengers can e mail RCI on any topic they wish. I really wish this thread was locked already.

teddie

Old guy? At 55 you're no spring chicken.

Never said I was. But he posts pictures of himself all over the Internet AND had the audacity of posting a picture of an innocent family for others to comment on and in some cases ridicule. And even after complaints the picture remained.

And just to let you know using the term old guy was descriptive on my part and was factual. Sorry you don't like the term.

TerriDHair-

With all due respect. A child getting loud and a parent going Shhh a few times is not going to make any changes IMHO. Agree with the one poster-no hysteria with those experiences.

I have seen drunk adults do far worse then climbing on the couch.

This is a two way street here and for some, I see complaining about children being a little over the top.

Bottom line, some D+ do not want to be removed from the CL and fear that is coming now that children have already been added to already crowded lounges. The way some are going about it is counter productive. Who knows what the next step will be but it seems to me, some parents are not going to take kindly to what they read here and possibly experience on board.

As someone stated-'the whole idea is ridiculous', well, some behavior here is too and we are grown adults posting.:(

and for the record Florida Scorpion-I'm insulted. I'm as spring as the next chicken-:p:D

I am cruising with my two well behaved grandchildren. The cabin we booked has the CL perk. I book high end cabins when it suits our needs.

I will use the CL lounge before dinner. I would expect other guests to treat my family with respect, as we will respect them. If one person says ANYTHING rude to me or my grandchild, I will go directly and lodge a complaint against that person. I have paid for the right to use the CL with them. I will not be doing anything against policy.

People that do not want children in the CL can voice their opinion to the cruiseline, but please do not be rude to me when I am just using a perk that Royal has allowed me to use.

Never said I was. But he posts pictures of himself all over the Internet AND had the audacity of posting a picture of an innocent family for others to comment on and in some cases ridicule. And even after complaints the picture remained.

Just want to point out that Trainman has a huge and faithful following here at CC, and many, many people here look forward to the pictures that he posts. I understand that you are offended by the one he posted here, but I agree that it was for illustrative purposes only.

Teddie

I am cruising with my two well behaved grandchildren. The cabin we booked has the CL perk. I book high end cabins when it suits our needs.

I will use the CL lounge before dinner. I would expect other guests to treat my family with respect, as we will respect them. If one person says ANYTHING rude to me or my grandchild, I will go directly and lodge a complaint against that person. I have paid for the right to use the CL with them. I will not be doing anything against policy.

People that do not want children in the CL can voice their opinion to the cruiseline, but please do not be rude to me when I am just using a perk that Royal has allowed me to use.

I hope you and your grandchildren have a wonderful cruise. Enjoy the CL perk. For your sake I hope you have no problem with any boorish Adult behavior toward your grandchildren.

Oh yes. Such a great idea. We should all inundate Royal Caribbean with emails complaining about the children. Maybe then they will change the rules (again).

Oh they will change the rules alright and kick the D+ right out of the CL.

And if they do it'll just go back to what the CL was intended for which may be their intention.

Just want to point out that Trainman has a huge and faithful following here at CC, and many, many people here look forward to the pictures that he posts. I understand that you are offended by the one he posted here, but I agree that it was for illustrative purposes only.

Teddie

But he can still make an honest mistake. I wouldn't like it if the picture posted was one of my kids.

That being said, if anyone objects to a post, they can click on the triangle and report it. The mods will usually err on the side of caution and remove a controversial post. Maybe no one has done that.

Archived