Ruby Princess - Satellite News/Sports Channels

willbrook

My spouse and I will be on the Ruby Princess during October for a 30-day MED/EUR cruise. Could someone, who has recently cruised on the Ruby, advise the choice of news/sports channels that have been available? The Major League Baseball playoffs and the World Series will take place during our cruise. While I'll bring my shortwave radio, knowing which news/sports TV channels have been available would be helpful. Thanks.

Dick

News stations in general are those which spend much of the time on financial news or opinions including CNN International, BBC, MSNBC Fox (not all may be on the same ship).

There are no true sports channels such as ESPN, but you will be able to catch plenty of soccer games on various stations.

The World Series and possibly the playoffs before it will most likely be on MUTS and in the sports bar and possibly on the cabin TV.

Of course, you must remember the time difference between the Med and where the event is taking place in the US.

The Med is 6 or 7 hours ahead of the Eastern US. I think the WS games start about 8:30 Eastern time. So for you the games will run from about 2:30 or 3:30 am until finished.

We were on the Ocean Princess two years ago in the Indian Ocean and did not get any of the WS games, but that ship does not have MUTS

Archived